Employer not providing I-140 receipt

erikbond101

Hi,

I worked with company A from 2006 to march 2010. They have filed my labor and I-140 and it got approved in Sept 2008. Right now I'm working with company B and about to join another company C. Company C will file H1B and start a new perm process.

Now Employer A is not willing to provide Perm/I-140 receipt. I wanted it to use for H1B extension and for date portabilty.

Is there any alternative to get receipt notice.

Erik

Thanks Belle.

Employer is not willing to provide A number. That was a small company and they have filed only 3 Perm/I-140 in 2008. I can see those apllication numbers (C- numbers) in online databases. I also know they have not withdarwn the application.

Is it possible with FOIA to get I-140 receipt without providing A number.

Thanks Belle.

Employer is not willing to provide A number. That was a small company and they have filed only 3 Perm/I-140 in 2008. I can see those apllication numbers (C- numbers) in online databases. I also know they have not withdarwn the application.

Is it possible with FOIA to get I-140 receipt without providing A number.

The A number was assigned to you, and they must provide it. Talk to a lawyer - you should be able to get that information. The lawyer can either write a letter requesting it or you can even sue them over it. If a lawyer filed the I-140 application, you should talk to that lawyer.

You can file FOIA without A number, and the government will give it to you. It's just going to take longer. Again, call immigration lawyers around and ask if they ever filed a successful FOIA request and what information they requested. If they did, you can have a consultation or hire that lawyer.

Archived