h4- 221g yellow form mumbai consulate on 19th jan


Recommended Posts

Hi All,

Please help me ...

I was in US for past 5 years ...

I entered US on H-4 visa ...

then converted to F1 visa and

after my masters I got h1b in Jan 2011.

I went in dec 2011 for stamping in Mumbai India ... and got 221g for my h1b ... I submitted the documents and waited 4 weeks...

but since my daughter is small , we decided to file h4 visa application .. so filed in DS-160 form and applied for new h4 visa ..

However the visa officer handed me Yellow 221g slip

stating that

I need to submit

1> I-797A for h-4 and my passport to VFS

can anyone please tell me how can I get I-797A for H-4

my husband has it for his h1b ....

is someone sailing in same boat .... help appreciated from

bottom of my heart.



Link to comment

Generally you will get a I797A when you apply for CoS or extension of your H4.

There is some confusion over here. Since you had a valid I797 of your husband, you are eligible for H4 visa.

I think is better to contact any attorney.

There are muthy attorney people in chennai. We contacted them for my wife visa issues. They will give you some advice on this.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.