Successful H1B stamping at Ottawa - Jan 17th

Sai82

Hi sai,

I went to us stamping today on april 10 and was today the visa is approved and it will take 2 to 3 days to get the passport as there is some problem in their system and everything is clear in my end. Can you please let me know whether u got your passport back and how long it took for you to get it back.

james

Hello guys,

I had my Visa approved today at the Ottawa consulate, first time F1 to H1, EC model. I had my appointment at 8:30 am, reached the place by 8:00. It was a little cold but luckily I did not have to wait outside, I was called immediately and was asked to show the appointment and DS160 confirmation letter. I guess reaching 30 min before the appointment time should be good.

I was sent to window 7 and the person at the counter took my passport, I 797 , Employer letter and Client letter. He asked if there was any vendor, I said no.

After a while I was called for finger prints and was asked to wait for the interview. I was called at exactly 8 30 and the person at the counter ( who looked Chinese btw ) asked me these questions

Me : Good Morning

VO : Good Morning.

VO : Who do you work for and who is the end client?

Me : I work for XXX and the end client is YYY.

VO : Oh so there are no vendors ?

Me : Nope

VO : So yours is a contract position?

Me : Yes

VO : How many employees are working in your company ?

Me : xxx

( Make sure you read all the important documents and are well aware of all the details )

VO : Who is you client manager at YYY?

Me : I have no client manager, my employer supervises and monitors my work. He has control of what I do as he assigns work to me.

VO : Alright, what do you do ?

Me : Described my duties.

VO : On what technologies do you work ?

Me : Described the technologies.

VO : Ok your visa is approved and you can track it in this letter.

( He gave me a letter with the information of how I can track the passport)

Me: Thank you and have a nice day

VO : You too

I wasn't asked a single document.The basic key is confidence, speak out loud and be clear. I have read this is many forms before but yes be confident in what you say and stay positive. While I was waiting for my interview few guys got blue slip but that did not deter my confidence as I was constantly motivating myself. I don't know the reason why they got it but yes each case is different. If the person before you gets a blue slip doesn't nessesarily mean you are gonna get one. Stay cool and be positive.

This may be not be important but please dress appropriately for the interview. I saw few guys in jeans and jacket, wearing suit doesn't necessarily mean successful stamping but it shows professionalism.I am not questioning the professionalism of the guys in jeans/jackets but it shows you have put some effort. I wasn't wearing a suit but wore formals with a tie.

My roommate who is in EVC model was also interviewed by the same person and he too was asked similar questions. His visa is also approved.

In my view the main key is staying calm and being confident. Just don't care who is there and what they are listening. You are there for yourself and get your job done.

Finally my sincere thanks to Murthy form, you guys are doing a great job,

Good luck!!!!

Archived