employer change - I-140 approved in EB2--Priority date May 2009

vighnesha

Hi

3 months back, I changed my employer. , my I-140 was approved in EB2 thru my previous employer .

as the dates were current now, can I file for I-485 using my previous employer I-140, without the help / knowledge of my present employer.

( I am not sure, whether my previous employer cancelled / revoked my H1B/ I-140., the reason for my change of employer was, my previous employer don't want to work with consultants / contactors., so terminated my service.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

Vighnesh

You don't have to tell your current employer, but to file I-485, you need to have the job offer from the I-140 sponsor. It is not clear if you have that.

Belle

Thanks for the reply, my old employer thru whom ( i got my I-140 approved ,), terminated by employement, because of that I joined another company.

what you mean Job offer, how come I will have job offer,, my old employer terminated & no contact with him.

does the job offer is important now , to file my I-485, or is it future requirement....

Please advise.

Thanks

NR

Get a Good Lawyer. File your AOS with previously provided job documents. If approved offer to work for them. This may or may not work. What is your problem with opening your mouth and asking the I-140 sponsor as to their intentions so you know where you stand. Usually non Desi copmpanies would revoke the I-140 in such a situation as you describe. Get a Lawyer and snap to it. Keep your fingers crossed.

what you mean Job offer, how come I will have job offer,, my old employer terminated & no contact with him.

does the job offer is important now , to file my I-485, or is it future requirement....

Yes, I mean a job offer from the sponsoring employer to file I-485. No job - no employment based green card.

Talk to your current employer about a new filing.

Archived