IS it better to apply H1 B this year

areyooosamba

The H1 quota for this fiscal year is full.

The fiscal year 2013 starts on Oct. 1, 2012. Applications for fiscal year 2013 can be filed beginning April 1, 2012.

Hi JoeF

As mt OPT EXT ends in aug 2013, is it better to aply h1 for fiscal year 2013 or fiscal year 2014 (in my previous question, I am a bit confused about naming the years)

if I apply for fiscal year 2013..the only advantage I am seeing is... I can have an another option to file for H1 for the next fiscal year( if my H1 get denied for the fiscal year 2013)

the other thing I am worrying about is..if I fill H1 for fiscal year 2014..that's my last chance to file H1 ..since observing the no.of H1 applicants for the past few years..I thought the quota will be avaliable.

Please share your thoughts about my ideas

--

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi JoeF

As mt OPT EXT ends in aug 2013, is it better to aply h1 for fiscal year 2013 or fiscal year 2014 (in my previous question, I am a bit confused about naming the years)

if I apply for fiscal year 2013..the only advantage I am seeing is... I can have an another option to file for H1 for the next fiscal year( if my H1 get denied for the fiscal year 2013)

the other thing I am worrying about is..if I fill H1 for fiscal year 2014..that's my last chance to file H1 ..since observing the no.of H1 applicants for the past few years..I thought the quota will be avaliable.

Please share your thoughts about my ideas

--

thanks

any suggestions please

if u r planning to say in US longer, its better to start H1 asap and also start GC processing.

the only advantage of working on OPT is less taxes but on a long term u ll realize that the saving tax money isnt as important as getting piece of mind by staying ahead of the game (H1, GC)

if u r planning to say in US longer, its better to start H1 asap and also start GC processing.

the only advantage of working on OPT is less taxes but on a long term u ll realize that the saving tax money isnt as important as getting piece of mind by staying ahead of the game (H1, GC)

thanx krish for the reply

If I have long-term plans stayng in US...as u mentioned i should apply for h1 or GC as soon as a possible..I have a question here.. how does applyng for h1 ASAP helps?? ..I mean If I used my OPT completly..and applied for h1 nxt year..then after a year or two I can apply for GC ..

the only reason I am willing to appy h1 for the nxt year was...since I have my OPT ext till aug2013 (OPT is nthng but a EAD)..I can change my employer..without any hazzle if I want to..and I have to visit india..by the endof this year..if I applied for h1 this year..surely I have to go for stamping...as you know these days stamping for h1 is kind of messy..

Archived