Filing DS-160 for H4 before marriage

sp1984

Hello !

I am working in USA on H1B. Will be getting married on April 13, 2012 in India. I want to bring my wife along with me. For that I like to get an appointment date ASAP after marriage. I am filing DS-160 on my fiancee's behalf. I have following queries:-

(1) What should I select the marital status, since I filing form before but interview will be taken after marriage ??

(2) Also, in 'US Person of Contact' page, under 'Relationship to You' field, what should I select

(Feasible Options: US Petitioner, Other)

Please help !!

Thank You.

(1) What should I select the marital status, since I filing form before but interview will be taken after marriage ??

Marital Status: Married.

(2) Also, in 'US Person of Contact' page, under 'Relationship to You' field, what should I select

Relationship: You will be the US person of contact: Select Spouse

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Hi !

Thank You rrr2008 for your reply. However, I want to make sure that selecting 'Married' under Marital Status won't create any problems during VISA interview (after marriage). Also, can you please let me know what documents my wife have to carry with her during VISA intervew ??

Thank You !

Now-a-days, they are doing H4 visa also similar to H1.

They are checking all the documents

Since you are applying for visa after the wedding, you have select the option as Married.

H4 Visa: Check list:

TTS or VFS Appointment letter

DS 160 Confirmation

I797

I129

LCA

Employer verification Letter

employer offer letter

Pay stubs for six months

Bank Statements for six months

Wedding card's (Wife and Husband)

Marrige Certificate

Marrige Photos( include Fire cermony photo)

End client Letter and Photo's

W2 form

Tax returns

Are you doing working on EVC model or full time?

Hi !

I am on H1B and will be getting married on April 13th, 2012 in India.

I contacted an agent in India to work on (to be) wife's H4 visa and he gave some other procedures for applying for H4 which got me confused totally.

Can someone please explain me the procedure for applying for H4 visa in detail ?? I mean where to begin with and if any documents/letters need to be sent to US Consulate before actual interview date ??

Please advise.

Thank You in advance.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

My situation is somewhat similar. It would be very nice of you if you could answer some of my questions:

I) I am currently on OPT but my H1B is approved and starts in October 2013.

II) I am getting married in December 2013. Since I will need to get my H1B stamped as well, I was wondering if I can schedule the H1B stamping interview and H4 visa interview for my wife at the same time (same interview appointment / slot) within a week after marriage.

III) Can I fill the DS160 for her and myself before our marriage in advance (say in November) and state our relationship status as married? We will be scheduling our visa appointment after our marriage.

Thank you.

Hello !

I am working in USA on H1B. Will be getting married on April 13, 2012 in India. I want to bring my wife along with me. For that I like to get an appointment date ASAP after marriage. I am filing DS-160 on my fiancee's behalf. I have following queries:-

Please help !!

Thank You.

Archived