Applying for Green card with Previous employer

madhuk_18

I worked with company A till Sep 2011 and with company A i have approved Labor and I-140 in EB2 category. And my Priority date is Aug 2009.

I Joined Company B in Oct 2011 with approved H1B. And continuing my work with company B. Company B has just started initiating my Labor application process.

Now that i have my priority Date current, i have questions for filing for my green card.

1. Company A is willing to apply for my 485. Do i have to be in their payroll before they apply for my 485? If so how many months before to apply my 485?

2. I still have valid I-797 with company A, till Feb 2012. Do they need to renew my H1B to be eligible to apply for green card?

3. Can I still continue working in company B and have the green card process done by company A? If so how does this works? Does this affects my current working status as H1B in company B?

4. Do i have to inform company B about applying for green card with company A?

5. After i get my green card is it mandatory to work with company A? If so can i be in both company's payroll? or only can work for company A then what is the minimum period?

6. And my husband recently got F1 approved. He wants to apply for 485 along with me. what steps we need to take for him to be eligible to apply for 485?

7. According to my current situation please do suggest me the best and safe way of process to get my

Thank you so much for your time. I really appreciate if you can answer my questions below.

I worked with company A till Sep 2011 and with company A i have approved Labor and I-140 in EB2 category. And my Priority date is Aug 2009.

I Joined Company B in Oct 2011 with approved H1B. And continuing my work with company B. Company B has just started initiating my Labor application process.

Now that i have my priority Date current, i have questions for filing for my green card.

1. Company A is willing to apply for my 485. Do i have to be in their payroll before they apply for my 485? If so how many months before to apply my 485?

2. I still have valid I-797 with company A, till Feb 2012. Do they need to renew my H1B to be eligible to apply for green card?

3. Can I still continue working in company B and have the green card process done by company A? If so how does this works? Does this affects my current working status as H1B in company B?

4. Do i have to inform company B about applying for green card with company A?

5. After i get my green card is it mandatory to work with company A? If so can i be in both company's payroll? or only can work for company A then what is the minimum period?

6. And my husband recently got F1 approved. He wants to apply for 485 along with me. what steps we need to take for him to be eligible to apply for 485?

7. According to my current situation please do suggest me the best and safe way of process to get my

Thank you so much for your time. I really appreciate if you can answer my questions below.

Answers to your questions.

1) Not required to be on Comp A payroll at the time of filing. Paychecks from Comp B should be ok to show in status.

2.) Not required. GC is for future employment.

3.) Yes you can continue with Comp B while GC processing pending with Comp A. USCIS expects that Job offer from Comp A exists and you intend to work for them when GC is approved.

4.) Not required I believe. Once your GC is approved you can give 2/4 weeks notice to Comp A and move to Comp B.

5.) You are expected to work for Comp A atleast for 6 to 12 months.

6.) Not sure about F1 as dependant. May be attorney/Joe/Belle can answer.

7.) If your date is current, do as below.

Contact the lawyer. Ask for list of documents. Get the medicals done for you and your spouse. File with complete documentation.

Archived