Regd. my EB2 I-140 denied..need help, but i have EB3 I-140 approved with priority date Jan 16,2009

cornell

Hi,

I am working in a us based software consulting company from Jan 2007 on H1B (before that i have 5.5 years of experience, in total currently 11 years experice with BE (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) degree). In Jan 2009 my EB3 labor is approved and corresponding I-140 is also approved.

From the same employer, In Jun-2011 again EB2 labor is filed and approved but corresponding I-140 got denied now. EB2 I-140 was applied in premium processing, got an RFE and then now denied.

I was hoping that with EB3 to EB2 porting, i can get EAD as current priority date is 1-Jan-2010, but got I-140 denial

Please look in to this and advise what options i have to proceed and to get EAD.

Thank you!

Hi Cornell,

At this point, you can get EAD based on EB2 category only. Can you please tell me why they denied your I-140 application even though your labor was approved for the same position?. Usually USCIS will decide the category (EB2 or EB3) in I-140 stage only. So labor approval will not gaurantee EB2 category. Please let me know.

Regards,

Raj

Hi All, Thanks for providing inputs...

I was told by my attorney that "the job does not require advance degree" is the reason for I-140 denial. I was told by my attorney that for the same job description same company another person I-140 was approved earlier. And so my attorney wants to appeal on behalf of the company, but i am not sure if it may be a long wait upto 2 years, please advise regarding the appeal and what happens in that case.

Archived