H-1 possibility on US work study MBA program

goodie

Dear All,

i am here seeking all yours kind advice. I am looking forward to move to USA for a work study program in Lincoln University- Oakland, California for doing MBA. I have been adviced that on this visa I can work full time if professional job offered from a employer from the first year of admission itself. Furthermore, I would like to know the possibility of getting a H1 visa after my MBA completion. Is it easy to get it if an employer offers me a job. So roughly it will be around 2014 (for MBA completion ). PLEASE PLEASE help me.

I would appreciate the advice from someone who has experienced with this case.

Many Thanks.

There is no such thing as a "work-study" program. That doesn't exist in the US.

This seems to be an abuse of CPT. Stay away from that. Haven't you heard what happened to people at TVU? Do you want an ankle bracelet and get deported?

If you want to study, concentrate on the studies and forget CPT or "work study". Cut that term out of your vocabulary.

Find a real study program at a real university.

Hi, thanks for that info. i really appreciate your advice joeF as this is very important step for me in my life. i have two more questions if you can be able to help me out with this.

1. Lincoln University , Oakland, CALIFORNIA.

is this a good university, that is if I gain a degree from this university would it give me better career.

2. H1 possibility.

That is, after I graduate would I be eligible to get an H1 or is it tough.

is it normally important to get a degree from reputated university to get an H1 or the above university would work.

Furthermore, can you please confirm me the listed below universities that they are good one or not.

VIRGINIA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, FAIRFAX, VIRGINIA

SCHILLER UNIVERSITY, FLORIDA.

UNIVERSITY OF ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY, ARIZONA

your advice is much appreciated.

MANY THANKS

Lincoln is not a good university. No institution that advertises CPT is good.

All the other institutions you list are also bad.

Find a real university, not some shady for-profit institution that advertises shady things.

The consulates nowadays check this stuff more, and it would be hard to get an H1 with a degree fromany of these institutions. It is not possible at all to get an H1 with a degree from a non-accredited diploma mill.

Again, find a real university. Concentrate on the studies. Then an H1 is a no-brainer. If you try shortcuts, like "work-study" BS, you can kiss an H1 goodbye.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Honestly it depends on your luck and market conditions. I have seen some known people who had done their MBA from Thunderbird laureate partnership schools and still struggled to get a nice job couple of years back.

A couple of years back is not nowadays.

Due to the abuse, things are now much stricter. And people who got an H1 in error also get into trouble when they file for an extension.

The days of cheating are over.

Archived