***Please help***

mkvd123

Currently I am on H1 Visa (My visa stamp has been expired but I've valid I797). I need to apply for H1 extension/transfer (this would be 7th year on H1) within a month or two (I140 has been approved). My fiance is a US citizen and we are planning to get married soon.

Questions/Concerns:

1. What if my H1 transfer is in process and we get married?

2. If we get married in US and then want to travel to India, How can we do the same? What kind of form needs to filed by my spouse if I want to avoid H1b stamping?

3. Is there any advance paroll/travel document that can be filled by spouse so that I can travel outside of US and re-enter US without H1B stamp? What would be my status in this case? Can I work after coming back to US?

Any inputs/suggestion would be of great help. I sincerely thank you for your time!

My sis married her USC BF last April in US and now she is in her home country for marriage functions. She was on H1 when she got married in a US court. You will receive your Green Card in 2 to 3 months after you apply. Once you receive your green card, they will take away your i94 and you dont need any special documents to travel in and out of US , except the green card.

Archived