Keeping Green Card Active when away from US for extended period

Recommended Posts

Dear friends,

I got my GC in Aug 2008, due to personal reasons I need to be out of the country for 2 years = ( going to india) ; during which time I will be also taking up a job in India to support my self and family.

How can I maintain my GC active during this period.

I understand that my options are

1. Visit usa every six months for 1 week.


2. Apply for a re-entry permit

Are these both accurate . With option 1 what other criteria do I need to satisfy.

Thank you in advance

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.