can an IT consultancy file H1b for science back ground?

lakshmi.s

Hi,

I am from pharma and biotech background working in a research lab all through my OPT. But unfortunately my Lab is not filing my H1 and so I am looking for new companies , new jobs and new agencies who can place me in research and file me H1.

All I could find are only IT agencies, I found one who are interested to market my resume as such and also they said they will file h1 for me.

All my worry is can an IT agency file H1 for people like me who works in science field?

I gave couple interviews for FTE positions but due to my legal status they are not interested to hire me.

Can any one guide me regarding this. My OPT expires next august so I have to file by April.

If any one have any idea about any science stream agencies please let me know.

Thank you.

You won't be able to get an H1 for an IT job, because you don't have a degree in Computer Science.

The consulting stuff is mostly something that is specific to IT.

Your best option would be to continue looking for normal fulltime jobs in your field. Most jobs don't even go on the job boards, they are filled by referrals. Do networking. Ask your fellow former students/former coworkers if they know of job openings with their employers. If you are a member of a professional society in your field, or a user group, or something like that, there are often also job openings advertised to them.

Generally, in oder to qualify as an H-1B specialty occupation, the job offered must be complex and specialized that it requires a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent and the beneficiary should have the requisite education or its equivalent that is relevant to the offered position. Kindly consult with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss specific facts regarding the position, your education and experience background in order to determine eligibilty.

Archived