January 2012 Hyderabad H1B Applicants gather here

rajesh8493

Lets use this thread to share our experiences and help others.

I'll start first.

I'll be going to the Hyderabad US Consulate on Jan 3rd for my H1B renewal. I work for a very reputed company in the US as a full time employee.

I'm a little worried after reading all the horror stories of H1B denials etc at this consulate.

Hope the new year brings all of us good luck!

I'll post back on my experience after my Interview. Wish me luck :)

Advanced New Year Wishes to all of you!

Didnt have a problem. Got my visa. The questions I was asked are

My H1B package

Name of the company

My Title and description of the work I do

My Work Location

If I was a full time employee

My educational background

If I was married and had kids

If my company had filed for my greencard.

The VO said I should receive my passport in 5 days.

Good luck to everyone who's going to Hyderabad

@ Rajesh8493 - Congratulations!

Please can you share your responses to the Work Location question - will you be working from Client Site or Employer's office?

Also, please can you share the list of all the supporting documents you were carrying apart from - I797, LCA, DS160 confirmation & Client letter.

Finally, were you carrying the project SOW?

Diorsdune - I'm a fulltime remote employee. I told the VO i work from home in northern virginia and my work location is in NY.

He looked at my work description that was given while filling for the H1B, you should have it in your H1B packet. other supporting documents were my paystubs, employment letter, last two years w2 and tax returns. degree certificates

Successful H1B & H4 visa stamping on Jan 3rd 2012 in Hyderabad.

I am working as a full time employee for a non profit organization.

Questions asked

Questions in common to me & my wife

when did you get married

is it arranged or love marriage

who arranged your marriage

Questions to me

Where is your company located and what do they do

what was my role in the company

Questions to my wife as she was converting from H1 to H4

Did you work previously

what's your company name, what was your title and what was your role.

Answered all and the officer said your visa is approved, you will receive your passport next week

Can I attend interview in chennai this time... if i have attended previous stamping in hyd...will there be any issues..

The place where u lived for more than 6 months becomes your state of residence and u should attend interview at a Consulate which holds the jurisdiction of ur state of residence. Call up VFS helpline number to confirm.

Hi Guys this is Kant my petition is aproved i was supposed to go for stamping in this month but my employer company has been acquised by some other company.

I dont know what should be the procedure now still stamping not done and i dont have the docs also what should i do. Can i transfer my petition to new employer ? what will be procedure or nothing can be done for this year.?

Can I attend interview in chennai this time... if i have attended previous stamping in hyd...will there be any issues..

Yes you can for H1-B. I am a resident of AP, and attended my interview at Chennai consulate on Jan 5th, 2012. There were no objections or questions asked regarding attending the interview in Chennai.

First H1-B, CAP exempt category for academic professors. 221(g) admin processing - not too surprised, as I have an advanced degree in Bio related field and had to previously undergo the same for F1 renewal in 2010.

Surprisingly admin processing was completed within a week, got my passport with visa today (Jan 12, 2012). Attended interview at Chennai consulate on Jan 05, 2012.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys this is Kant my petition is aproved i was supposed to go for stamping in this month but my employer company has been acquised by some other company.

I dont know what should be the procedure now still stamping not done and i dont have the docs also what should i do. Can i transfer my petition to new employer ? what will be procedure or nothing can be done for this year.?

Archived