New H1B Transfer

murthy557

Hi,

I was OPT working for a client on( EVC model), recently my employer applied for my H1B showing the EVC model and it was approved recently.

Now my client want me to hire FulTime, can my client apply a H1B transfer now, since it is not even a month my H1B was approved and i dont have any paystubs yet on my H1B.

Generally, a new employer may file an H1B petition on behalf of an employee for a change of employer at any time. If the employee is maintaining valid H1B status in the U.S. at the time of filing, then an extension may also be requested. Generally, maintanence of status is demonstrated by recent paystubs. Please schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss the specific facts relating to your case and the best strategy for filing the H1B change of employer petition.

Dear Attonery....Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion. I have one more question. My H1b has been initially approved for only 1 yr 4 months with I94. My question is, if i wait for 2-3 months(so that i will have paystubs for proof to transfer to client) and my client applies for a transfer will the client be able to get only that remaining period from 1 yr 4 months or will there be a chance of getting more time?

Archived