Who(applicant/Petitioner) will receive the I-485 decision (RFE/Approval) Notice?

vjvibes

Hello,

In USCIS website, my 485 application status has been changed to "Decision". However my wife application status has been changed "Request for Evidence". We dont know what's the RFE are? We will have to wait for the mail. Anyway my question is, would I be receiving the notice or my employer would be receiving the notice since he filled our application as petitioner.

Thanks for your response!

Thanks Shurap1 and JoeF.

In my case I do not have a lawyer, my company filled the application on my behalf with all my address as point of communication. I came to know that today. So we would be expecting the notice.

Is Welcome notice something different from physical GC? Any idea how long does it take to reach me?

Any insight on how to approach the RFC? As of now I don't know what they are looking. I'm assuming it must be simple as mine is approved.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Thanks Shurap1 and JoeF.

In my case I do not have a lawyer, my company filled the application on my behalf with all my address as point of communication. I came to know that today. So we would be expecting the notice.

Is Welcome notice something different from physical GC? Any idea how long does it take to reach me?

Any insight on how to approach the RFC? As of now I don't know what they are looking. I'm assuming it must be simple as mine is approved.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Welcome notice is different than actual physical card. It is an approval notice of your 485 application like for any other application USCIS sends this. It took 5 days for me. Regarding RFE for derivative, they ask the prove the marriage is bonafide or if she was pregnant while filing 485 and could not complete her vaccinations then it can be about that. Both are easy to address.

Welcome notice is different than actual physical card. It is an approval notice of your 485 application like for any other application USCIS sends this. It took 5 days for me. Regarding RFE for derivative, they ask the prove the marriage is bonafide or if she was pregnant while filing 485 and could not complete her vaccinations then it can be about that. Both are easy to address.

I appreciate your response Shurap1. Your response definitely helps a lot. One other question is, how long does it take to get the physical green card after receiving the welcome notice?

On the derivative RFE, I'm expecting something similar to that. anyway instead of me guessing, let me wait for the actual mail.

Company cannot file an application on your behalf. If you don't have a lawyer (a lincesed attorney that you agreed to represent you), you filed the petition yourself.

Thanks Belle. In my case, my company just posted the mail on behalf of me after they just verified all the papers. anyway I will decide on whether to hire an attorney or not depending upon the severity of the RFE.

I appreciate your response Shurap1. Your response definitely helps a lot. One other question is, how long does it take to get the physical green card after receiving the welcome notice?

On the derivative RFE, I'm expecting something similar to that. anyway instead of me guessing, let me wait for the actual mail.

I received in 4 days.

Folks,

I received an RFE for my wife 485. It says "I need to submit the photocopy of official birth certificate". I did submit the birth certificate along with the application which is also in English (not in native language). Should I have to re-submit her birth certificate? Can you share your thought on how to approach this request?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived