L1B Visa Expiring

spjay20

HI,

These are my concerns:

My L1 B visa will expire at Jan-22.But I have valid I-94 till August 2014.My company is telling me that, as my I-94 is extended, they can't apply for extension.

1,Can I legally stay in US? Or do I need to apply for fresh Visa?

2,I'm planning to bring my family before Jan-22. I didn't apply for dependent visa yet for my family. Can I apply dependent visa for family now? My company is telling me that I will have to bring my family before 22.

Can someone please advice ?

Hi,

I got the same issue and there were no issues with that.

If your I94 expiry date is more than your visa expiry date company will get an extended petition for that duration and you will get that within 1-2 weeks (there is no documents you need to fill for that and company should take care of getting that for you).

You need to get that document before your visa expiry date to work without any issues and you do not require applying fresh visa.

Once you get that your family can go for L2 visa stamping using new extended petition.

Hi,

I am in a similar situation. My L1 visas are expiring on Jan 18 2012 and me and my family recently entered US after a short vacation from India and the officer at POE granted me and my family I-94 valid until Dec 2014.

My question is does my company need to file a L1 B petition extension request with USCIS and do I need to go through the L1 B extension process?

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I got the same issue and there were no issues with that.

If your I94 expiry date is more than your visa expiry date company will get an extended petition for that duration and you will get that within 1-2 weeks (there is no documents you need to fill for that and company should take care of getting that for you).

You need to get that document before your visa expiry date to work without any issues and you do not require applying fresh visa.

Once you get that your family can go for L2 visa stamping using new extended petition.

How can we get the "extended petition" ? Is it new I129S form for the duration till I-94 expiry ?.

And as you said, we dont need to provide any extra documentation for this and company can do it on their own. This does not need the visa/i-94 extension filing correct ?

I am in same situaltion... quick answer is appreciated......Thanks

Archived