H1 to H4 I539 question

ash0dev

Hi,

I am on H1B visa currently working. I want to change my status to H4 based on my husband's H1B. His H1b extension is approved recently.

Please help in filling I539 form for following question.

Is this application based on an extension or change of status already granted to your spouse?

Is this application based on a seperate petition or application to give your spouse an extension or change of status?

Have you been employed in United states since last admitted or granted extension or change of status?

These questions are confusing. Please help.

Thanks,

Udeva.

Hi,

I am on H1B visa currently working. I want to change my status to H4 based on my husband's H1B. His H1b extension is approved recently.

Please help in filling I539 form for following question.

Is this application based on an extension or change of status already granted to your spouse?

Is this application based on a seperate petition or application to give your spouse an extension or change of status?

Have you been employed in United states since last admitted or granted extension or change of status?

These questions are confusing. Please help.

Thanks,

Udeva.

Hi Udeva,

Recently I had gone for an H4 stamping after having worked on an H1B myself.

Please see what my answers would have been:

1. Is this application based on an extension or change of status already granted to your spouse?

YES

2. Is this application based on a seperate petition or application to give your spouse an extension or change of status?

YES

3. Have you been employed in United states since last admitted or granted extension or change of status?

a) If you have worked in USA on your H1B -then YES.

b) If you have had your H1B extended , then YES

c) I am assuming that you have not yet changed your status so ignore that part.

Archived