Previous H1B visa stamp and New I 797- Need toTravel

steward1

Hi,

I came to this country on Company A visa. I had a visa stamp in passport from previous company valid until 2014.

I transferred my h1b to company B and got new I 797 approval. and after that previous company A was sold out to different organization. Now, I want to travel to the INDIA for 2 week for vacation. I have few questions for my Visa stamping requirement and re entry to the USA.

Do I have to go for VISA stamping in the INDIA? Or

Can I come back on previous Valid visa stamp in passport with new H1b I797 approval?

If yes, Does the Port of entry people gives any hard time to H1b holders while returning to the USA?

Please help me by providing enough information.

I will really appreciate your time and help.

Thanks,

Do I have to go for VISA stamping in the INDIA? Or

No. Not required.

Can I come back on previous Valid visa stamp in passport with new H1b I797 approval?

If yes, Does the Port of entry people gives any hard time to H1b holders while returning to the USA?

Yes you can come back using old employer visa as long as the visa is valid and new approved I797.

FYI ....I just returned using the old Visa and New Employer I797. I was taken to immigration office and asked to wait, the officer took my passport and I797 inside and came back within 5-7mins with the new I94.. there were absolutely no questions.

Archived