Change employer at h1b 7th year


Recommended Posts

New employer can apply for a H1 using the previously approved I-140 copy to get the extension beyond 6 years.

The process should be the same as any H1 transfer, except for providing the additional I-140 copy and citing the relevant clause which allows for extension over 6 yrs. Ofcourse a good attonery will be able to handle this easily.

Link to comment

Generally, a different employer may file an H1B petition on behalf of an employee using an approved I-140 petition as the basis for the extension. Please schedule a consultation with a knowledgeable immigration attorney to discuss the specific facts of your case and the documents that need to be submitted with the petition.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.