regd Travelling to USA after 6 years of stay in H1 either in L1 or B1


Recommended Posts

Hello All,

I understand after completing 6 years of stay in US on H1 one needs to leave USA and can apply H1 again only after 365 days of stay outside US. But can one travel to USA on other visas in those 365 days like on L1 or B1.

Please advise.


You can travel on B1. But NOT on L1. Time periods on H1 and L1 are combined to calculate the 6 years.

And also, whatever number of days you are in the USA on B1, that may extra days (over 365), you will have to spend outside of the USA before being able to come back on H1 or L1.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.