Work authorization options if H1B is processed in April 2012

anujchaudhary

Hi,

I am working on CPT with my current employer. I have to graduate in the spring semester and my last CPT will get over in May 2012. My employer is ready to file for my H1B in April 2012, but can I start working as soon as I get the approval. I DONOT have OPT once I graduate.

Please help in advising something at the earliest. Is it possible to start working before 1st October 2012 if the H1B is approved.

Thank you

please consult a lawyer.

it is only possible to start H1 earlier than 10/2012 if you are cap exempt applicant. cap exempt means you were counted on H1 cap before (you were on H1 before) or some institutions like university can apply H1 cap exempt.

Hi,

I am working on CPT with my current employer. I have to graduate in the spring semester and my last CPT will get over in May 2012. My employer is ready to file for my H1B in April 2012, but can I start working as soon as I get the approval. I DONOT have OPT once I graduate.

Please help in advising something at the earliest. Is it possible to start working before 1st October 2012 if the H1B is approved.

Thank you

Archived