H1B petition active time

gharik25

Hello,

I moved from company A to Company B. I have my approved i140 from my prev company (A). I got 3 years extension on my H1B now.

Now i moved to company B. But i got the new H1B petiton for 1 year . I am thinking of to going back to company A after 8 months (say) from now.

1) I want to know how long can my previous employer(A) hold my H1B petition for?

2) if GC process started with company B can i still go back to my prev company A?

Please suggest.

Thanks

In general, once a person ends their employment with an Employer, their H1B status with that Employer ends regardless of if the H1B petition was withdrawn by the Employer or not. If a person are currently in H1B status with Company B, and wants to return to Company A, then Company A will need to file an new H1B petition on their behalf.

If you have specific questions in regard to your case, I recommend that you contact a knowledgeable immigration attorney in regard to your case.

The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded H1B / Nonimmigrant Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived