Can I work on CPT if H1B gets approved till Sep 30

sgoyal

I am planning to work on CPT from Jan 2012 and I have job offer letter and my employer is ready to file my H1B in April 2012. But I think i can start working on H1b from October 1, 2012 once approved

Is it possible to continue working on CPT if H1B gets approved till Oct 1?

What will be the status once H1b gets approved, will it be H1B or CPT ?

Thanks and Appreciate any help.

Additional information

I am talking about CPT not OPT.

For e.g. If my H1B gets approved on May 20, can i still work on CPT till Sep 30 and then on H1B from Oct 1 ?

Or is it possible to work on H1B from May 20 ?

I am on OPT extension and its expiring on Feb 28, 2012. My employer delayed my application, thats why I am trying to find some way to keep working and file H1B next year.

I did MS in computers and planning to join MBA in some college and will work in technical area on CPT.

Is the cap gap applicable for my case ?

I am on OPT extension and its expiring on Feb 28, 2012. My employer delayed my application, thats why I am trying to find some way to keep working and file H1B next year.

I did MS in computers and planning to join MBA in some college and will work in technical area on CPT.

That still won't work. No real university gives out CPT to newly enrolled people. Not even the **** diploma mill does that anymore, after they got raided.

And cap-gap does not apply to CPT, anyway.

Archived