H4 to H1 transfer

applicant1

My companies lawyer filed for an H4 to H1 transfer after I was out of the US for 1+ year. My case is strong.

He sent the H-1 application by overnight on Nov 8, 2011 requesting premium processing (Vermont Processing Center). As of today, there is no receipt, request for additional documentation, approval or denial.

My companies lawyer sounds a bit rude in that I first asked him about my H-1B receipt and he said he hadn't gotten it yet. I asked the same question after 6 business days and he sounded rude - starting off like "Actually i havn't". Now I am scared of asking him what to do next because 14 calendar days have gone by and there is no news. He asked me as to why the company has a set start date for me and recommended that I should not have a start date until my visa is first approved and told me bring this up with my new employer ( but copied the HR on the email anyway)

I called USCIS and to ask for a receipt number/status and they will not speak to anyone but the lawyer or the company.

Can I hire my own lawyer and have him call the USIIS to get a status if the problem continues?

thanks.

Archived