2 jobs while on H1B

t80

Sir,

I am working for company A and now going to transfer to company B. Company B is saying to join early but cannot join company B unless I serve 2 weeks notice period. Since nowadays LCA takes 1 week. It becomes 3 weeks for me to join company B. Company B is saying to join for first 2 days of the 3rd week and then join back the 4th week.

Is it valid to do so since my payroll will still be with company A. Company B is going to adjust the payroll and make it from 4th week onwards adding the 2 days of my presence in my 4th week.

I am confused regarding this. Can someone help?

Thanks

Generally, an H1B worker is only permitted to work for the company which has sponsored the H1B petition. AC21 portability does permit certain H1B workers to begin employment with the new sponsoring company once the petition is filed and receipted by USCIS. The facts of your case do not appear straightforward, therefore, please schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss the specific facts relating to your case and the options that may be available to you.

Archived