221G Pink Chennai Tracker

ashiktmz

Friends,

Finally after some fustrations, I got my VISA Stamped!!!!.

It had taken about 45 days for me to get clear my 221G Pink Slip.

Pray GOD and lets hope for the best.

Thanks to all for ur support and wish you better luck for all those with 221G.

Hi All,

I had attended my H1b New on August 16th. I am working for a US based leading MNC. The VISA officer asked me two or three questions. He looked the system monitor and he went somewhere with my passport and returned after two minutes.

Then he just told me that "He need to ask few more questions. Just stay relax and you will be called in another counter for few questions". He gave me the passport along with the 221G PINK SLIP and asked me to wait for my counter in the display.

Then I went to another counter. There was an Indian Lady. She asked me few questions like

1. whether I had visited any other countries before.

2. Is your passport has been renewed?

3. Are you having any brother and where he is staying?

Then she measured my height. Finally SHE COLLECTED MY PASSPORT and INFORMED ME LIKE THE PASSPORT WILL BE ISSUED IN 8 - 12 WEEKS. She havent asked me any other docs other than passport.

I just want to know is there any possiblity to get my visa stampted and if so how long it would take. Any suggestions were really appreciated!!!

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still waiting...6 months running...only Allah knows the fate...

Visa Interview Date : May -14-2012.

Docs To Be Submitted: None.

Common Muslim Name: Yes.

result: pink slip

VI Location: Chennai

Working filed: Software

I had attended Visa Interview with general questions like my role, qualification, working location ie client side or company, going to join new organization at US? after this gave pink slip 221g.

In another counter, a indian Lady asked about education details, earlier country visited, old passport details, siblings details. Only passport and I797B form submitted. Finally they have informed me that, process will take 4 to 8 weeks. Still Waiting, 5th week running, status shows pending process.

Now I have applied for visa transfer to another big MNC (Software). If visa get approved I will travel with earlier company otherwise I will travel with this new MNC.

Right now dua to God almighty to clear my visa and all others visa. remember me in dua.

Hi,

Even i had got 221g pink at chennai cousulate 110 days ago and i am still waiting for my visa to come. My passport is still with US consulate. I do not have a common Muslim name infact i am not a muslim. However i had visited couple of middle east countries for my work assignment.

I work for a big Indian MNC. I have sent mails to the mail Id mentioned in pink slip after i completed 90 days but got reply with standard text in it. Also called US dept of state but there also i was told that your case is pending with administrative processing.

I am unable to uderstand the reason for 221g and hoping i will get a visa.

Just wanted to share one observation with all other members who have got 221g pink ,i have analyzed the case numbers given to us and found that the case numbers ending with digit 1 get cleared quickly however case numbers with 3 or 4 or 9 takes long time. do you see any such trends. also what does the last digit means. does it refer to any specific security or advisory agency in USA?

kidly post your views.

Hi,

Even i had got 221g pink at chennai cousulate 110 days ago and i am still waiting for my visa to come. My passport is still with US consulate. I do not have a common Muslim name infact i am not a muslim. However i had visited couple of middle east countries for my work assignment.

I work for a big Indian MNC. I have sent mails to the mail Id mentioned in pink slip after i completed 90 days but got reply with standard text in it. Also called US dept of state but there also i was told that your case is pending with administrative processing.

I am unable to uderstand the reason for 221g and hoping i will get a visa.

Just wanted to share one observation with all other members who have got 221g pink ,i have analyzed the case numbers given to us and found that the case numbers ending with digit 1 get cleared quickly however case numbers with 3 or 4 or 9 takes long time. do you see any such trends. also what does the last digit means. does it refer to any specific security or advisory agency in USA?

kidly post your views.

I also wanted to know that on what basis you guys know that your case has gone for TAL or name check..etc.

As in my case i do not know what security check my case would have gone for.

please post any ideas in this regard.

In my case i am sure it was TAL .The only question they asked me is "what do you know about pharmaceutical chemistry ? " .This is the only question asked .THis is a subject in my PharmD course .I told her that .They asked me this question first before asking any question to my husband who is the primary visa holder (H1B).

vermam1 ,

you case should be realted to security clerance for your trips to middle east countries .What is the last digit of your case ?Mine is ending with 1 and i see 90% of the pending cases with 1 .I am not sure about the trend in clearing by last digit

Dude.,

I was also in same boat., but not now. My case got cleared after 45 days.

Most of the cases ending with 1 are still pending more than an year.

I know the level of frustrations if somebody got 221g.

But the truth is you cant do nothing.

There is no timeline. Just sit and wait. But I am sure that you will get ur visa stamped one day suprisingly. Most of the cases will be cleared., ie. visa will be issued for sure. So dont worry on this.

In my case i am sure it was TAL .The only question they asked me is "what do you know about pharmaceutical chemistry ? " .This is the only question asked .THis is a subject in my PharmD course .I told her that .They asked me this question first before asking any question to my husband who is the primary visa holder (H1B).

vermam1 ,

you case should be realted to security clerance for your trips to middle east countries .What is the last digit of your case ?Mine is ending with 1 and i see 90% of the pending cases with 1 .I am not sure about the trend in clearing by last digit

My case is ending with 4. I do not see many cases ending with 4.majority is ending with1, and in my view majority cleared cases are also 1.

However anybody here whose case is ending with 4. please write with your circumstance so that we can relate or guess in what case they give cases ending with 4.btw mine was L1 not H1B.

vermam1 ,

thanks pharma84.

however i am baffled by the circumstance that, i had got h1B stamped after my travels to midle east countries. not sure this time ...

My case is ending with 4. I do not see many cases ending with 4.majority is ending with1, and in my view majority cleared cases are also 1.

However anybody here whose case is ending with 4. please write with your circumstance so that we can relate or guess in what case they give cases ending with 4.btw mine was L1 not H1B.

Am not sure., guess dependent visas may end with a number other than 1...

I see a good news for me likely .I was tracking my passport and it was always giving the standard message until now.The new message is below

TRACK YOUR PASSPORT

Your passport can be collected in person at US visa application centre in Chennai between 1600-1700 hours.

Kindly produce your HDFC fee receipt and interview appointment letter at the time of collecting your passport.

If your passport is not collected by 1700 hrs, it will be automatically dispatched to you by courier.

Please click here for list of documents required to collect passport at VFS.

WOW .I can't believe it .My case still show as Pending process at the site .But i am positive now.

I see a good news for me likely .I was tracking my passport and it was always giving the standard message until now.The new message is below

TRACK YOUR PASSPORT

Your passport can be collected in person at US visa application centre in Chennai between 1600-1700 hours.

Kindly produce your HDFC fee receipt and interview appointment letter at the time of collecting your passport.

If your passport is not collected by 1700 hrs, it will be automatically dispatched to you by courier.

Please click here for list of documents required to collect passport at VFS.

WOW .I can't believe it .My case still show as Pending process at the site .But i am positive now.

Congrats @pharma84.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived