221G Pink Chennai Tracker

ashiktmz

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my 35th week, no updates yet

@blrnaveed

how are you managing work from here? Is your employer fine with such a long delay?

I am getting very anxious now. I really don't understand what takes them so long in some clear cut cases. In this age of technology and USA being at the top, this is just ridiculous that it takes them so long to clear background checks

@mnaghman

Since there's not even a remote estimate of when the return date would be, my US employer has terminated my employment. I am looking for work here........

@blrnaveed

Sorry to hear that. How long did your employer wait for you? Were you a full time employee?

Don't know what's in store for me.

Sorry to ask you so many questions during this hard time for you.

My status changed to issued after waiting for 7+ months.

I wish good luck to all those waiting for clearance!

Congrats. One question. Did your question straightway changed to Issued without any intermediate update in between your PA date and Issued status changed date?

• 2 weeks later...

150 days today. if I were a movie, I would be declared a BLOCKBUSTER and A SUPER DUPER HIT...If i were a pregnant woman, my belly would be showing..So, I called the US Consulate Chennai(again) and they gave the same response(again). They asked me to wait(again) and said I'll be contacted when my visa is approved(AGAIN!!!)..Now that Naveed has got his visa, am i Grandfather of this Tracker? 150 days..5 months..I feel so proud saying that..

150 days today. if I were a movie, I would be declared a BLOCKBUSTER and A SUPER DUPER HIT...If i were a pregnant woman, my belly would be showing..So, I called the US Consulate Chennai(again) and they gave the same response(again). They asked me to wait(again) and said I'll be contacted when my visa is approved(AGAIN!!!)..Now that Naveed has got his visa, am i Grandfather of this Tracker? 150 days..5 months..I feel so proud saying that..

You have a long way to go before you can call yourself grand daddy of this tracker! I have been waiting since 450 + days and I know few others who are waiting since 700+ days... And yes about your analogy, I got married after visa interview and now I have a 6 month old baby!!!! :)

I shivered a little after reading your response. How is it that LONG? Your screen name justifies your predicament. Did'nt you do anything after waiting for that long? Is your Visa still valid? H1 still valid? I thought they abandon a case after 1 year from Visa Interview...

I shivered a little after reading your response. How is it that LONG? Your screen name justifies your predicament. Did'nt you do anything after waiting for that long? Is your Visa still valid? H1 still valid? I thought they abandon a case after 1 year from Visa Interview...

I am waiting for 545+ days and faraaz here is waiting for 600+ days here ...now try controllig your heart beat :-)  

We have done all possible thing that we could do, talking to lawers, senators, congressmen sending mails everything possible and to your question that after 1 year they will abondon a case is not true , there are cases pending for more then 2 years...

So when and how does a case gets into Abandon status? Is it 221g recepient driven or consulate driven? My guess is when someone is no longer interested in the VISA and do not respond to consulate (For ex: I see couple of cases in Pending PPT status for last couple of months - most probably the recepients did not submit the passport back to consulate - I will see if tehy become abandon in future). I am also not sure what happens when the petition expires agiants which the VISA interview held?

I heard for L1A, one has to get the VISA stamped within 6 months of petition issue. My case is pending 163 days. I do not know if my passports are in good condition now.

yes Faisal,

i called DOS everyday 4-5 times and requested them to put an enquiry on my case which obviosly they denied to put initially but I kept on callng. One lady finally she saw my both cases pending long enough she kept an enuiry and i got  in 5 days. what my undrstanding is there is nothing wrong with our cases except if you file was sent to USCUS for review or if they ask any docs, I believce if Vo told u your visa is approved or you qualified for visa do not wait more then 60 days. You have all rights to put an enqury on ur case. There is some gliche in their system or some communication error bu which we have to suffer like this.

They kept an enquiry on my case on monday 19th and 20th they recieved clearance. on 22nd i got my H4 visa and on the same day Chennai consulate sent me an email asking me to submit my ppt and they said my admin processing is completed

keep calling DOS guys thats the

Congrats Nahid. What is the clearance date on your Visa ? Was there anything you did in the month prior to your approval ? 

I am waiting for the past 7 months.

-Faisal

Archived