221G Pink Chennai Tracker

ashiktmz

Check out this link.https://www.*******************

VO is responding directly to the posts. But this page is only for mumbai consulate. There is no such page for chennai consulate. Looking at the posts we can see that there are not many cases pending for more than a year at mumbai consulate(at least for NIV category). Here though it seems that the situation is becoming from bad to worse....File is now 1 MB !

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check out this link.https://www.*******************

VO is responding directly to the posts. But this page is only for mumbai consulate. There is no such page for chennai consulate. Looking at the posts we can see t

hat there are not many cases pending for more than a year at mumbai consulate(at least for NIV category). Here though it seems that the situation is becoming from bad to worse....File is now 1 MB !

I know...when I got my 221g I saw the file size 35kb untill 6 months it was 40-50kb now it doubled...Dont know what is happenning at chennai consulate..

I know...when I got my 221g I saw the file size 35kb untill 6 months it was 40-50kb now it doubled...Dont know what is happenning at chennai consulate..

CHENNAI CONSULATE == VISA DELAY !! ,

should have opted hyd or other consulate.

Key stats as of Jun 6th

Value

No of case Pending

No of case issued

No of case abandoned

No of case to send PPT

No of case to send information

Total no of 2012 case in Chennai Consulate document

Longest Waiting case in 2012

513 Days

months

Shortest Waiting case in 2012

156 Days

months

Overall avg waiting for cases in 2012

297 Days

months

Yours was F1 to H1 or L1 to H1 ?

I am packing up guys, done with waiting. I think I better move on. Its waste of waiting they are not going to approve my case, though it was a clear cut shot for them, I was not asked for any docs during or after interviews but still i had to wait for no reason. there is lot to offer ourselves to our lives then this stupid waiting. i dont deserve this. I can find a better job outside I have already lost my 15 months of precious life time dont wanna wait more.

Take care and remember me in ur prayers...

I am packing up guys, done with waiting. I think I better move on. Its waste of waiting they are not going to approve my case, though it was a clear cut shot for them, I was not asked for any docs during or after interviews but still i had to wait for no reason. there is lot to offer ourselves to our lives then this stupid waiting. i dont deserve this. I can find a better job outside I have already lost my 15 months of precious life time dont wanna wait more.

Best of Luck my friend.

Key statistics of 2012 cases (ONLY) as of Jul 8 week -2013

================================

# Total number of 2012 case @ Chennai Consulate- 401

# No of case marked issued- 2

# Total no of non issued case- 399

# No of case Pending- 356

# No of case abandoned-27

# No of case to send PPT- 11

# No of case to send information- 5

# No of case closed so far in July 2103- 2

# Clearance/Issue rate - 2 case per Week

# Longest Waiting case in 2012 = 515 days/ 17 months

# Shortest Waiting case in 2012= 158 days/ 5 months

# Overall avg waiting for cases in 2012= 299 days/10 months

Its wise to look for other avenues and grow professionally. It won't harm if you keep this option open. No need to burn bridges. Look to rebuild your career and just give an occasional peek at your visa thing and if some day its resolved(which inshallah it eventually will), you can choose on what to do next. Better than not having that option! As for me, the wait is approaching 18 months and getting every bit harder to continue my job!

I got this email from Chennai consulate. Was it sent to everyone or does it mean something(good)?

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is with reference to your visa application made at the U.S. Consulate, Chennai. Your case is still under additional administrative processing and meanwhile this office would like to update our records with your current contact details.

Request you to provide the following information (as in your passport)  in the same format  given below and send it back toChennaiAdmin@state.gov at the earliest.

Surname:

Given Name:

Passport number:

Case number:

Current Address:

Telephone(Home):

Telephone(Work):

Mobile number:

We appreciate your kind attention and cooperation in this matter.

I got this email from Chennai consulate. Was it sent to everyone or does it mean something(good)?

Dear Sir/Madam:

This is with reference to your visa application made at the U.S. Consulate, Chennai. Your case is still under additional administrative processing and meanwhile this office would like to update our records with your current contact details.

Request you to provide the following information (as in your passport)  in the same format  given below and send it back toChennaiAdmin@state.gov at the earliest.

Surname:

Given Name:

Passport number:

Case number:

Current Address:

Telephone(Home):

Telephone(Work):

Mobile number:

We appreciate your kind attention and cooperation in this matter.

Hi All,

Even I received the same email :( So I guess its just a standard email sent to everyone whose cases are pending for long time ! For few moments I got excited though. Wait Continues....

Key statistics of 2012 cases (ONLY) as of Jul 8 week -2013

================================

# Total number of 2012 case @ Chennai Consulate- 401

# No of case marked issued- 2

# Total no of non issued case- 399

# No of case Pending- 356

# No of case abandoned-27

# No of case to send PPT- 11

# No of case to send information- 5

# No of case closed so far in July 2103- 2

# Clearance/Issue rate - 2 case per Week

# Longest Waiting case in 2012 = 515 days/ 17 months

# Shortest Waiting case in 2012= 158 days/ 5 months

# Overall avg waiting for cases in 2012= 299 days/10 months

No of case cleared for this week is ZERO

Guys, I am talking about a case of L1A where 102 days has been counted and it is still Pending Processing. What if the passports are withdrawn here and a B1 is applied. will the case still go through fresh round of Admin Processing??

Guys, I am talking about a case of L1A where 102 days has been counted and it is still Pending Processing. What if the passports are withdrawn here and a B1 is applied. will the case still go through fresh round of Admin Processing??

If it was a pink slip for L1A,there is a greater chance of getting 221g pink again.

In all probability, they will do admin processing. But no need to withdraw the earlier case. You can request passport back and reappear. I have heard of a case where they assign the earlier case ID and the process goes on......

Visa Interview Date : May -30-2013.
Docs To Be Submitted: None.
Common Muslim Name: Yes.
result: pink slip
VI Location: Chennai

This is my 2nd H1b and 2nd time getting 221g.  First time in 2008 it took about 8 weeks. Hopefully it will be sooner this time.

Visa Interview Date : Oct 19,2012

Docs To Be Submitted: None.

Common Muslim Name: No

result: pink slip

VI Location: Chennai

This is first time I am getting 221g and the wait continues. Hopefully we get our visa soon,at least NOW.  

Was ur   F1>H1 or L1>H1 ?

In CEAC site, I have not seen any update of my case after the PA date. Some of the case from the same PA date which are still Pending Processing has been updated subsequently. What is the implication of no update vs some update in CEAC site? Faster/Slower? Any pattern?

Archived