221G Pink Chennai Tracker

ashiktmz

Finally got the passport with visa stamped(11/April/2013). Submitted passport in VFS office Sivaji nagar, bangalore. Need id proof copy while taking passport back from VFS.

It is very frustrating during admin process: done following activities:

1) Read continous quran, special salh, and dua for self and others.

2) donate bulk amount to very meem poor and to mosque

I hope oneday good news will come for you too and will do dua for me. Travelling on month end. Dua for me too. Let me know if you want any info.

Mubarak brother...

Is there anything else you did beside abovementioned. such as contacting senator, filing mandamus etc.?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Nahid0307, any news about your visa? I got interviewed in Chennai on December 2012. Still waiting without any updates. My attorney is suggesting to go for Mandamus but I am hesitant. Case # 2012-340-619-1

Naveed.

@Naveed..,No reply bro, nearing 15 months period. I don’t think you can file mandamus on DOS, as per my consultation with 3 different immigration lawyers they have the same thing to say , we can’t file mandamus on DOS. Try reaching out to senator or congressmen sometimes I heard it helps (it did not in my case :-0 ), but dont expect something miraculous. Be patient and understand one thing ..."WE CANNOT DO ANYTHING". I have to say this with immense pain but it is the truth. Also my suggestion don’t go to such lawyers who says we will solve your 221(g) taking it to higher officials at Washington..blah blah...they are just faking it...dont fall into that trap..Pray to go for patience and help you and others uot of this difficult situation...Just Dua.....

Hope I answer your question...

I have few questions. Appreciate if any brother can pitch in with the answers

1. Anyone with Mohammed first name got his L1, H1 stamped without being issued a 221g in last 1 year?

2. Anyone with Mohammed first name got his 221g cleared within three months of PA?

3. After following the forum it appears to me if a case is not resolved within 3 months (90 days is what they put in the pink slip) even though the INDIAN lady at counter 31 might be giving different time frame (my case 2-3 weeks & I am counting 8 weeks plus) as she feels, it is not going to get resolved before 10-12 months? Is it a right inference??

I have few questions. Appreciate if any brother can pitch in with the answers

1. Anyone with Mohammed first name got his L1, H1 stamped without being issued a 221g in last 1 year?

2. Anyone with Mohammed first name got his 221g cleared within three months of PA?

3. After following the forum it appears to me if a case is not resolved within 3 months (90 days is what they put in the pink slip) even though the INDIAN lady at counter 31 might be giving different time frame (my case 2-3 weeks & I am counting 8 weeks plus) as she feels, it is not going to get resolved before 10-12 months? Is it a right inference??

1. i have not heard in the past 1.8 years, someone with last name Mohammed without getting 221(g) gets visa.

2. i have seen people with last name Mohammed getting cleared in 3 months.

3. my research goes other way get visa before 3 months or wait for 6 months mark , or wait for 10 months mark, or wait for 12 months, if your application is still valid after 18 months and if u r lucky you will get visa in this time phase...

By the way I am waiting for 15 months...

1. i have not heard in the past 1.8 years, someone with last name Mohammed without getting 221(g) gets visa.

2. i have seen people with last name Mohammed getting cleared in 3 months.

3. my research goes other way get visa before 3 months or wait for 6 months mark , or wait for 10 months mark, or wait for 12 months, if your application is still valid after 18 months and if u r lucky you will get visa in this time phase...

By the way I am waiting for 15 months...

Seems ur research is correct..221g tracker shows L1B pink slip got approved on 6 months mark.

No updates on my end too..17 months this week. Haven't heard of a background check taking this long. Is anyone waiting for visa longer than me?

Could see below id got approved after almost 17 months.

2011356 708 0001-12/22/2011 issued 05/17/2013

If you noticed the pdf on chennai consulate's admin process web page is growing bigger and bigger. The list was 31 pages on march 1st, 36 pages on Apr 1st and now 52 pages. 60% increase in about 3 months. wonder if they are even working on cases :(

If you noticed the pdf on chennai consulate's admin process web page is growing bigger and bigger. The list was 31 pages on march 1st, 36 pages on Apr 1st and now 52 pages. 60% increase in about 3 months. wonder if they are even working on cases :(

yeah ..i have observed that...the pdf size used to be 40-49kb now its over 90kb...

whenever you contact them the standard answer you get is "WE ARE WORKING ON THEM AS FAST AS WE CAN"

Archived