ashiktmz

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Visa Interview Date : Nov 4th, 2011

Docs Asked during interview: payslip, approval notice, LCA

Docs submitted: none

Common Muslim Name: Yes

After the interview, VO said you qualified for the visa but it requires additional administrative processing and handed over the 221G pink slip. One of my other friend who had common muslim name also got pink slip for additional administrative processing.

Still waiting for the passport.

Visa Interview Date: Nov 9th, 2011

Docs Asked: None

Common Muslim Name: No

Mine is a new H1 after a 221g refusal in a EC model and now my client has processed my H1. I and my wife went for H1 and H4 stamping to the chennai consulate. After a few general questions, the lady VO said your visa is approved and i am waiting for a final approval and was looking at the system monitor for a few seconds. Then said we need to do some check and you don't have to worry as i don't see any issues. You just need to wait for a few weeks and you don't need to submit any documents. She handed us a small pink sheet with a case number on it and asked us to go to counter 31 where another lady asked me about any countries i visited apart from US, details about my first employment, details about any siblings and kept both our passports and the employment support letter which i got from my new petitioner. She then told it may take anywhere between 4-8 weeks, however the pink slip says it may take 8 - 12 weeks for processing. Any one had the similar case and got stamping after that? Please share your experiences about how long it took and what kind of checks they did.

• 3 weeks later...

Visa Interview Date : Nov 25th, 2011.

Docs To Be Submitted: None.

Common Muslim Name: Yes.

The VO mentioned, twice, that there is nothing to worry and I will get my visa.

However, he also mentioned that my case would have to go through further administrative processing.

He handed me the Pink Slip, and asked me to wait to go to another counter.

After about 5 mins, a lady came over and asked me to go to another counter.

At the second counter was an Indian VO (a lady). She asked me a few generic questions.

1. How long I've been with the current company?

2. Is it the first company I joined?

3. Which university did I attend for my Masters?

4. Which university did I attend for my Bachelors?

5. Do I have any other passport?

6. Have I travelled to any countries other than the US?

7. Do I have siblings?

8. What is my sisters' name?

9. What is her age?

10. Where does she live?

After this, the VO told me that I would receive my passport by courier within the next 2 to 6 weeks.

About 10 days done, and counting.

IA, I won't have to wait much longer.

Good luck to all you guys.

Visa Interview Date : Dec 2, 2011.

Common Muslim Name: No.

Model - EC

Employee of a BEP Company - US Based.

VO - Your parent company?

Ans - ABC

VO- What's ur Major?

Ans - M.Tech - Masters of Technology

VO- Specialization?

Ans - GeoInformatics

VO - Client's Name?

Ans - XYZ

VO- What kind of services ur client provides?

Ans- Explained it in brief..

VO- Where r u going to work in US?

Ans - Location

Some questions to my wife about our marriage like when was ur marriage, how u celebrated ur marriage anniversary , that's all..

VO- I am issuing a pink slip as ur case needs additional administrative processing..U have to go to another counter..Kindly wait for ur number...

After about 10 mins, my number was displayed on screen and I went to Counter 31.

At the second counter was an Indian VO (a lady). She asked me a few generic questions.

3 Do I have any other passport? - Showed my old passport.

7. Do I have siblings?

8. What is my brother's name?

9. What is his age?

10. Where does he live?

11. Do U have ur current CV? I provided my CV..

After this, the VO told me that I would receive my passport by courier within the next 4 to 4 weeks.

Visa Interview Date : Dec 2, 2011.

Common Muslim Name: No.

Model - EC

Employee of a BEP Company - US Based.

VO - Your parent company?

Ans - ABC

VO- What's ur Major?

Ans - M.Tech - Masters of Technology

VO- Specialization?

Ans - GeoInformatics

VO - Client's Name?

Ans - XYZ

VO- What kind of services ur client provides?

Ans- Explained it in brief..

VO- Where r u going to work in US?

Ans - Location

Some questions to my wife about our marriage like when was ur marriage, how u celebrated ur marriage anniversary , that's all..

VO- I am issuing a pink slip as ur case needs additional administrative processing..U have to go to another counter..Kindly wait for ur number...

After about 10 mins, my number was displayed on screen and I went to Counter 31.

3 Do I have any other passport? - Showed my old passport.

7. Do I have siblings?

8. What is my brother's name?

9. What is his age?

10. Where does he live?

11. Do U have ur current CV? I provided my CV..

After this, the VO told me that I would receive my passport by courier within the next 4 to 4 weeks.

All the best to the waiters. Hope you will get approved soon.

The list of questions at the second counter is a bit surprising..esp the details related to siblings.

Visa Interview Date : Nov 25th, 2011.

Common Muslim Name: Yes.

The VO mentioned, twice, that there is nothing to worry and I will get my visa.

However, he also mentioned that my case would have to go through further administrative processing.

He handed me the Pink Slip, and asked me to wait to go to another counter.

After about 5 mins, a lady came over and asked me to go to another counter.

3. Which university did I attend for my Masters?

4. Which university did I attend for my Bachelors?

5. Do I have any other passport?

7. Do I have siblings?

8. What is my sisters' name?

9. What is her age?

10. Where does she live?

After this, the VO told me that I would receive my passport by courier within the next 2 to 6 weeks.

About 10 days done, and counting.

IA, I won't have to wait much longer.

ISSUED!!! I thank God for this!!! YIPPIE!!!

Good luck to everybody... And Godspeed... May all of you get it lightning fast... Be blessed...

Did u get ur visa? What's mentioned on it? any date for security clearance mentioned there?

My apologies for the delay...

I got the visa. :)

The only thing mentioned on it different from my earlier visa is the following line:

"Clearance Received on: 02 DEC 2011"

The visa was stamped on 06 DEC 2011, four days after the clearance was received.

I was notified on the 7th of DEC that the visa was issued, and I received my passport by courier the very next day.

Hi All,

Sorry for delay reply.

Visa Interview date: Nov 23rd 2011

Direct employee (Pharmaceutical company)

Issued 221g pink slip

documents request: only resume and passport was taken by VO

Same routine questions and at very end the VO told that i have to undergo madatory Admin processing.

My company has requested congressional request to speed up the process and received mail today that passport has been issued and had been couriered.

Good luck to all

Hi All,

Sorry for delay reply.

Visa Interview date: Nov 23rd 2011

Direct employee (Pharmaceutical company)

Issued 221g pink slip

documents request: only resume and passport was taken by VO

Same routine questions and at very end the VO told that i have to undergo madatory Admin processing.

My company has requested congressional request to speed up the process and received mail today that passport has been issued and had been couriered.

Good luck to all

Congrts!!! Looks like u were also under TAL check..I am also holding a pink slip for AP since Dec 2, 2011..Good Luck to everyone!!!

Hi All,

Please find my details below.

Interview Date : Dec 14 2011

Received 221G Pink Slip.

No Docs Asked

Mine is BEP and a big US Based IT Company

----------------------------------------------------------

VO Said: You are Qualified for the VISA and we would like to do additional admin Processing. Handed over the Passport at the Counter number 31[indian Lady asking for sibling details and travel outside india].

Waiting for VISA. I am going to loose a very good opportunity for which i was waiting for more than 2 years. Got really Disappointed.

Please Can someone tell me how much average time it will take to get my VISA stamped.

Thanks!

Hi All,

Interview Date : Dec 14 2011

Received 221G Pink Slip.

No Docs Asked

Mine is BEP and a big US Based IT Company

----------------------------------------------------------

VO Said: You are Qualified for the VISA and we would like to do additional admin Processing. Handed over the Passport at the Counter number 31[indian Lady asking for sibling details and travel outside india].

Waiting for VISA. I am going to loose a very good opportunity for which i was waiting for more than 2 years. Got really Disappointed.

Please Can someone tell me how much average time it will take to get my VISA stamped.

Thanks!

Could u please provide more details on ur interview like interview questions, do u have a common muslim name, ur graduation in chemical/pharma/bio/civil etc. Most of these cases are for security clearance where they will do some background check and processing time will be 2 weeks to 2 months..but most of these cases will be cleared in 3-4 weeks. These cases are due to following reason :- 1. Common Muslim Name 2. TAL Check - Related to ur technology 3. Ur research area.. Could u please let us know what documents were asked at counter 31 and which documents they kept with them like ur passport, petition etc.

Don't feel bad, buddy!! You will get ur visa..Its just a delay of a month..so enjoy this time with ur family!!

Good Luck!!

Hi Guys,

Had a H1B stamping at Chennai Consulate on Nov last week and after the interview , I was given a pink slip. VO told that it will take 4-8 weeks of time and she said that "I don't see any problem but your Visa has to be approved after administrative processing"

I was tracking the Visa status day by day until Dec 18 and based on my experience Pink slip administrative processing will take sometimes between 3-4 weeks for 60% of the case and 4-7 weeks for 90% of the cases.

In 2% of cases visa gets approved even in a weeks time.

In my case I got after 3 weeks.

I used to capture day today stamping in Excel sheet and used to know average turnaround time.

Example:

15-Dec 13-Dec 12-Dec

2011346 xxx xx ISSUED 2011346 xxx xx PENDING PROCESS 2011346 xxx xx PENDING

Here 2011 - Indicated year and 346 - Indicates some kind of Day counter , each day they increase number by 1.

Since Chennai consulate publish tracking in PDF format ,it is easy to know the trend or Turn around time for Visa approval. I would see around 25 - 30 pending cases approved on daily basis and around 35 new cases added daily.

Also 99 % of cases will get approved Visa. So when you guys plan for vacation make sure that you go for Visa stamping as soon as you arrive india. This will help to have some buffer time in case if VO issues pink slip or 221G.

Also do not panic. Mostly you will get positive news soon.

Hope this information will help. Best of luck for the people who are still waiting for response from the consulate.

Received 221G Pink Slip.

Interview Date: Dec 13 2011

Common Muslim Name: NO

Documents asked: Was asked to show pay slips by consulate officer during the interview.

Have given my passport and 797 approval document at counter 31.

About employer/employment: Into Spatial technology (geospatial software etc for public safety market....). Regular full time employee/not consultant.

Interview: Was asked the few standard 5-6 questions (company name, title, what company does etc). End of the interview, "I was told, everything looks fine. There is one additional step.......". And given the pink slip. I thought the visa was approved till I saw what was in the pink slip.

Other Details: I-140 approved. On H1B Extension.

Status as of now: No update till date (has been 9 days since interview).

######################################

Given that we have already gone through an approval process for the 797A while in the US, It is ridiculous that background checks are being done when we appear for the interview and indefinitely delaying our return and work schedules.

@ rVins : Thanks a lot for replying me

Hi,

Mine is Common Muslim Name

My Graduation : BE (ECE)

Question Asked at Interview:

1. Your Designation

2. Which Client in US (Mine is E-C Model)

3. Which Location

4. Salary

5. Can I have your I 129 documents (showed to VO)

6. Finally My education

Then Given the pink slip and mentioned 'You are Qualified for the VISA and we would like to do additional admin Processing'. Then Asked 'Have You read this White Pamphlet ?' which contains Our Rights in US as Non Immigrant Worker.I said No and he hand over the one to me. He Kept My BEP letter from my Employer.

At Counter no 31 :

Passport and DS 160 Confirmation Page is taken .. No other documents taken. My Approved Valid pettition is returned back to me.

Please Guide Me.. I am Thinking What Next ?

@ rVins : Thanks a lot for replying me

Hi,

Mine is Common Muslim Name

My Graduation : BE (ECE)

Question Asked at Interview:

1. Your Designation

2. Which Client in US (Mine is E-C Model)

3. Which Location

4. Salary

5. Can I have your I 129 documents (showed to VO)

6. Finally My education

Then Given the pink slip and mentioned 'You are Qualified for the VISA and we would like to do additional admin Processing'. Then Asked 'Have You read this White Pamphlet ?' which contains Our Rights in US as Non Immigrant Worker.I said No and he hand over the one to me. He Kept My BEP letter from my Employer.

At Counter no 31 :

Passport and DS 160 Confirmation Page is taken .. No other documents taken. My Approved Valid pettition is returned back to me.

Please Guide Me.. I am Thinking What Next ?

Don't worry...you will get ur visa..It may be a security check on ur name..So, just keep ur fingers crossed and hope for the best..

Enjoy this time with ur family and stop worrying about pink slip because we can't do any thing from our end until consulate ask for some information..

Enjoy!!!

@rVins :- That's grt to hear. Congrats!!!

Just Curious to ask about this please: But Why they delayed in sending the Passpor if they issued the VISA on Dec 2nd itself ? Any Idea.

Anyways Its very good to hear that u got ur visa stamped.. Have safe Journey to US and good Luck !!!

Archived