First time H1B Visa stamping in Canada or Mexico


Recommended Posts

@ kalyan

See below reply from mexico consulate...

u cannot go mexico for 1st time H1b ...stamping

better canada is best option . if u done with masters in USA.. you are elgible to go canada.. instead of home country


Dear ,

Thank you for your inquiry. Non-Mexican citizens in the United States, other than those in B-1/B-2 or visa waiver entrant status, can apply to renew their visa the same category when that visa was issued in a previous country of residence or in Mexico. A spouse or dependent children may apply with the principal visa holder if the principal meets the criteria above. A renewal is a case where an applicant for the same type of visa is made and does not include persons who seek to change from one visa category to another or who are seeking any other type of "change of status" even if that change has been authorized by the Department of Homeland Security. Please visit our website at for more information and to learn how to schedule an appointment.

Applicants are encouraged to bring their approved Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, and Form I-797, Notice of Action, on the day of their interview along with any other supporting documentation.

Please also note that traveling to Mexico may require obtaining the appropriate Mexican visa from a Mexican embassy or consulate prior to making your trip. In addition, please understand that some cases may take several days, and in some cases weeks and even months, to finalize. You should plan your trip to Mexico accordingly. Finally, note that we are unable to confirm specific case information prior to your interview.


Nonimmigrant Visa Unit

United States Consulate General, Tijuana

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.