Is my priority date current?

gc_dede_baba

My priority date is "22-JUL-2002"(India+EB3) and the cutoff date is also "22JUL02". Am I current as of Nov 1st? According to the note(Numbers are available only for applicants whose priority date is earlier than the cut-off date listed below.) on the visa bulletin, it doesn't like I'm current but one of my friend said that I'm current.

My priority date is "22-JUL-2002"(India+EB3) and the cutoff date is also "22JUL02". Am I current as of Nov 1st? According to the note(Numbers are available only for applicants whose priority date is earlier than the cut-off date listed below.) on the visa bulletin, it doesn't like I'm current but one of my friend said that I'm current.

Your date is current from Dec 1 st. you can not apply in Novemeber. Get your documents ready as you are current in decemebr bulletin.

I am in the same boat. Need somebody to validate what I've been told numerous times. My PD is 3/15/2008. EB 2I cutoff is 3/15/2008. Does this mean I'm NOT current? Funnily, my company lawyer has sent me the checklist saying that I am current!! What will happen if I do file?

You are not current. if you apply they will cash your checks and deny the peititon...

Clarification of "Cut-Off Date" in the Visa Bulletin as Related to Eligibility for I-485 Filing or I-485 Approval

• Whenever a new monthly Visa Bulletin is released, there are a number of people whose priority dates match with the cut-off dates in the Visa Bulletin and they are confused as to whether they are eligible for filing of I-485 application in the specific month or the USCIS can approve their cases in the month. The monthly Visa bulletin does not print the definition of the term "cut-off" dates in the Visa Bulletin. We want to post here the definition of the State Department as follows:
    • Cut-off Date: The date that determines whether a preference immigrant visa applicant can be scheduled for an immigrant visa interview in any given month. When “C” (meaning Current) is listed instead of a specific date, that means all priority dates are eligible for processing. The cut-off date is the priority date of the first applicant who could not be scheduled for a visa interview for a given month. Applicants with a priority date earlier than the cut-off date can be scheduled. However, if your priority date is on or later than the cut-off date, you will need to wait until your priority date is reached (becomes current).

[*]As seen in the foregoing definition, an individual's priority date must be predated to the posted cut-off date pinted in the Visa Bulletin for availability of the visa number for him or her in the month. This reporter has received inquiries from the out-of-luck visitors on this matter.

Everybody has different opinions!! Can a lawyer please answer this?

It is simple: You are current in the month when your PD is earlier than the cut-off date in the month's visa bulletin. It is exactly what the Visa Bulletin states.

What part of "Only applicants who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date may be allotted a number" don't you understand???

That's all there is to it. If your PD is the same as the cut-off date, then you are not current. Period. End of story.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived