Traveling to Canada- Re-enter into USA

susheils

Hello all,

can someone suggest me. I am looking for info about re-entering into USA if I go to canada for stamping on expired VISA but i do have (I-797 with I-94 attached).

as per this site mentioned...

==========================================

Those who plan to visit Canada, Mexico, or in the cases of students and exchange visitors, adjacent islands, may re-enter the United States within thirty days on expired visas as long as they possess a valid I-94 form.

http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_tcn_present_united_states

=============================================

They have also mentioned if visa is not approved may not enter but what about if get more processing and not sure about time how long it would take.

Can I re-enter within 30 days? as per this site info...

I am not sure it's right question to forum but looking some suggestion if you can help, if I visit canada for VISa stamp do they tear off and take my I-94 from I-797?

Thanks

Sushil

as far as I know..as per AVR rule, you can visit US neighboring countries(Canada, Mexico, Bahamas and few others) on business/leisure purpose and re-enter to US without valid VISA stamp provided you have valid I-94 and your trip duration is less than 30 days.

To answer your question, attending VISA interview is not considered as business/leisure, so one should't use AVR.

Hello all,

can someone suggest me. I am looking for info about re-entering into USA if I go to canada for stamping on expired VISA but i do have (I-797 with I-94 attached).

as per this site mentioned...

==========================================

Those who plan to visit Canada, Mexico, or in the cases of students and exchange visitors, adjacent islands, may re-enter the United States within thirty days on expired visas as long as they possess a valid I-94 form.

http://usvisa-info.c...t_united_states

=============================================

They have also mentioned if visa is not approved may not enter but what about if get more processing and not sure about time how long it would take.

Can I re-enter within 30 days? as per this site info...

I am not sure it's right question to forum but looking some suggestion if you can help, if I visit canada for VISa stamp do they tear off and take my I-94 from I-797?

Thanks

Sushil

if you visit canada for visa stamping, you can not reenter until visa is approved.good thought though.

thanks all for your reply, I was not aware of AVR thing i did search and found link which clearly says that AVR doesn't apply if you go for visa stamping.

Nonimmigrants who are eligible to re-enter the U.S. pursuant to the authority of automatic

revalidation are not able to benefit from the automatic revalidation process if the

nonimmigrant's passport reflects evidence that while in contiguous territory or on an adjacent

island the nonimmigrant applied for a new visa and is pending a decision or has been denied

a new visa application.

thanks once again to point me for AVR.

-Sushil

Archived