F1 to H1B stamping.......Planning to go to canada

zroyalzroyal

Hi All,

Please share all your experiences here in this thread, if you are in the boat of changing from F1 to H1B and planning to go to Canada.

If you know any information from your friends who went Canada recently , to change status from F1 to H1B.

I went through different threads and didn't find much information, as most of the people are in the confusion of whether go to Canada or not.

It will be really helpful for all of us, if we can gather all information at one place.

My Background

Came to US in Aug 2007 on F1.

Completed MS in USA by DEC 2008.

OPT started from Jan 2009

Joined CompanyA and Worked b/w FEB2009 to OCT2009.

Moved to ComapnyB and Worked b/w Nov2009 to March2010

Moved to CompanyC and worked b/w April2010 to May 2011

When i am with CompanyC, they filed for my H1B and petition is approved.

H1B transferred to CompanyD and currently i am working with CompanyD.

Currently i am on EC model and My company is an american consulting firm. They also have own projects though i am currently working on client project.

Please suggest me the pros and cons here, if i go to canada for H1B stamping.

Please share all your experiences here.

Hi All,

Please share all your experiences here in this thread, if you are in the boat of changing from F1 to H1B and planning to go to Canada.

If you know any information from your friends who went Canada recently , to change status from F1 to H1B.

I went through different threads and didn't find much information, as most of the people are in the confusion of whether go to Canada or not.

It will be really helpful for all of us, if we can gather all information at one place.

My Background

Came to US in Aug 2007 on F1.

Completed MS in USA by DEC 2008.

OPT started from Jan 2009

Joined CompanyA and Worked b/w FEB2009 to OCT2009.

Moved to ComapnyB and Worked b/w Nov2009 to March2010

Moved to CompanyC and worked b/w April2010 to May 2011

When i am with CompanyC, they filed for my H1B and petition is approved.

H1B transferred to CompanyD and currently i am working with CompanyD.

Currently i am on EC model and My company is an american consulting firm. They also have own projects though i am currently working on client project.

Please suggest me the pros and cons here, if i go to canada for H1B stamping.

Please share all your experiences here.

Do you have paystuffs from all of companies while you were on OPT ?

• 2 weeks later...

HI..

I am also on the same boat..with EVC model and trying to get the stamping done from F1->H1.Did you get any idea on to which consulate is best for visa stamping...???

ANd if possible can you please share the link to book the dates for the conusulates also..??

Thanks in adnavce

Archived