CURRENT IN NOVEMBER BULLETIN

APPLICATION FILED: NOVEMBER 1, TSC

RECEIPT NOTICE: NOVEMBER 8

FP NOTICE: NOVEMBER 10

FP DONE: NOVEMBER 25

EAD/AP RECEIVED: DECEMBER 20

1-485: INITIAL REVIEW

Sai_Chaitu

Any update on I 485 Status? My case is similar to to you but I 485 is still in review? any idea how long for the 485 status to change ?

Yes it is officer Vaughn

Today, i spoke to my attorney and he said we should interfile. Am going to try that aswell. Have spent hundreds/thousands already... why not give few more to the system !

the attorney said, interfiling will link my EB3485 to my EB2 140. But will take almost 3 or even 6 months to get result...

using the processing times link on the uscis website, I found that TSC is currently processing application received before March 24th 2011.

Does this mean people who filed after this date should not expect approvals?

If so, why are people in this forum worried about november filings at TSC?

Please clarify. My wife's 485 is pending at TSC and she filed on August 3 2011!

Thanks

using the processing times link on the uscis website, I found that TSC is currently processing application received before March 24th 2011.

Does this mean people who filed after this date should not expect approvals?

If so, why are people in this forum worried about november filings at TSC?

Please clarify. My wife's 485 is pending at TSC and she filed on August 3 2011!

Thanks

From the USCIS Processing Time information page.

"

If the office is processing a particular type of application in less time than our processing goal, you will see the processing times expressed in months (for example, if the office is processing naturalization applications in less than our 5 month goal, the processing time will state "Five Months"). However, if that office is taking longer than our processing goal to handle the form type in question, you will see the filing date (e.g., "April 10, 2003") of the last case we processed on the date the website chart was last updated. The charts are updated on or about the 15th day of each month."

Hope this answers your question.

From the USCIS Processing Time information page.

"

If the office is processing a particular type of application in less time than our processing goal, you will see the processing times expressed in months (for example, if the office is processing naturalization applications in less than our 5 month goal, the processing time will state "Five Months"). However, if that office is taking longer than our processing goal to handle the form type in question, you will see the filing date (e.g., "April 10, 2003") of the last case we processed on the date the website chart was last updated. The charts are updated on or about the 15th day of each month."

Hope this answers your question.

Yes, I saw that and that is what I figured.

So my next question was, why are people worried about TSC applications that are filed after March 24th 2011?

This is already feb, so are they really taking 1 year to adjudicate 485s? If so, then why is this not mentioned on any forums et.c, Everybody keeps saying 4-6months processing time.

Did people receive approvals from TSC with filing date after March 24th 2011?

These are the more important unanswered questions.

Yes, I saw that and that is what I figured.

So my next question was, why are people worried about TSC applications that are filed after March 24th 2011?

This is already feb, so are they really taking 1 year to adjudicate 485s? If so, then why is this not mentioned on any forums et.c, Everybody keeps saying 4-6months processing time.

Did people receive approvals from TSC with filing date after March 24th 2011?

These are the more important unanswered questions.

There are some people who have been waiting for a long time to get their 485 approval's. But their situations might be different. Some have RFE's.

Usually it takes 5-6 months to get our I-495 approved. For some it might take more than that. For some, they might get it within that time frame. My friend who filed his I-485 in October got his GC last week. He was in EB2 and from TSC. There are people who have applied in October and November last year who receied their GC's. The problem is that no one knows the criteria that the TSC follows in approving I-485's. Some say that it is based on the RD. But there are people how applied late in the month and got their GC's while people who filed early still dont have their EAD/AP.

I had my EAD/AP approved last month, exactly 1 month to today. I am still waiting for my GC while there are a lot of people who had their RD's as mine and received their GC's.

Today, i spoke to my attorney and he said we should interfile. Am going to try that aswell. Have spent hundreds/thousands already... why not give few more to the system !

the attorney said, interfiling will link my EB3485 to my EB2 140. But will take almost 3 or even 6 months to get result...

My interfile ( a mere letter from attorney) was sent on Jan 27th reached their opffice on Jan 31 9 am and tonight at 8pm, I received email (automated) and Text message that "card production initiated" . Assuming this is IT, how long should I wait for the cards?

I just sent my AP forms on thursday, is there a way to stop payment or stop processing of that AP request ($360can be saved atleast ! )

My interfile ( a mere letter from attorney) was sent on Jan 27th reached their opffice on Jan 31 9 am and tonight at 8pm, I received email (automated) and Text message that "card production initiated" . Assuming this is IT, how long should I wait for the cards?

I just sent my AP forms on thursday, is there a way to stop payment or stop processing of that AP request ($360can be saved atleast ! )

at around 6 pm my case status was "card production orderd and the blue dot was ont he last one " . Later at 9 pm i received another automated email and now when i check, it is in the "Decision" status and this is what the status says . What does this mean?

On January 31, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Hi,

I got an email from USCIS that they ordered card production for me. This was super fast. My priority date is EB2 Oct 2007, and I applied 485 in November 2011.

It took just two months to get the green card approval. Amazinggggggggggg!!!!!

Thank you everyone for their help in the forums. Good luck with your applications.

at around 6 pm my case status was "card production orderd and the blue dot was ont he last one " . Later at 9 pm i received another automated email and now when i check, it is in the "Decision" status and this is what the status says . What does this mean?

On January 31, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Received my GC today by mail (both mine and my wife's) !

PD august 2007 EB2 INDIA

Had applied in july 2007 as EB3 - (wife's 140)

Since Nov 1 fighting with USCIS to link the 485s with my EB2 140.

Magic happend the day my attorney's letter reached (1/31) and got the emails and things rolled down the path.

Very excited indeed !

The funny part is the "welcome to US pamphlet that accompanies the GC that has "how to get started in the US" and the system has this sent to you after 12 years of stay in the US .. what an irony !

COuldnt have gotten this far without all of u and Murthy.com. Meet you all in the "Citizenship" blogs and may be "return to India" blogs . As thats what the general stream does right.. by the time .. we get GC, we start thinking of going back to India !

Hi,

I got an email from USCIS that they ordered card production for me. This was super fast. My priority date is EB2 Oct 2007, and I applied 485 in November 2011.

It took just two months to get the green card approval. Amazinggggggggggg!!!!!

Thank you everyone for their help in the forums. Good luck with your applications.

Congrats. By the way, what was your receipt date?

What does this mean?

On February 7, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

What does this mean?

On February 7, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

It means its time to celebrate!!! ENJOY!!

It means its time to celebrate!!! ENJOY!!

Thank you!! This is the message I see today

"

The USPS reported that they picked up mail from USCIS containing your new card on February 7, 2012. You should receive your new card within 7 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, please call our customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

PD: 09/18/07 NSC

RD: 11/4/11

EAD/AP:12/28/11

GC received for Primary:2/8/12

RFE for dependent. Waiting.

What generally triggers RFE for h4 spouse ? Did not notice the birth cert for spouse was registered in 2007 (no affidavits provided) and she was on H1 unitl Apr'11 (last date of entry with valid I-94: Mar 11) and converted to H4 after that. Could any of these be likely causes?

Does the RFE go over to lawyers or would a copy be sent over to us? Generally how long is the response time after RFE has been responded.

Thanks for your inputs.

• 2 weeks later...

Folks,

a)

In the BC (which is late registered) , the mother's name has the "Devi" suffix and does not contain the last name. As is typical is India to for govt folks to just write it that way.

In the Passport, the mothers name does not have "Devi" but has the last name.

So when the affidavit is created , what should the mother's name contain ? to match with the BC or to match with the Passport or put the entire name : First name + Devi + last name ?

(Hoping the uscis folks are now well versed with how the names in India appear on documents and would consider that )

b) The 10th grade marksheet has the the DOB and other details in English. However the document itself is in Hindi .For example: the Title "Date of Birth" is in Hindi i.e janamdin ..however the answer is in English i.e 09-30-1972 . Would the document be OK thay way or would a transalation be needed ?

In reading the forums, many folks have mentioned abt this descrepency hence would like to hear from some folks who have successfully resolved such issue.

Thanks.

Folks,

a)

In the BC (which is late registered) , the mother's name has the "Devi" suffix and does not contain the last name. As is typical is India to for govt folks to just write it that way.

In the Passport, the mothers name does not have "Devi" but has the last name.

So when the affidavit is created , what should the mother's name contain ? to match with the BC or to match with the Passport or put the entire name : First name + Devi + last name ?

(Hoping the uscis folks are now well versed with how the names in India appear on documents and would consider that )

>>>> You should use which so ever is correct - may be by mother's passport.

b) The 10th grade marksheet has the the DOB and other details in English. However the document itself is in Hindi .For example: the Title "Date of Birth" is in Hindi i.e janamdin ..however the answer is in English i.e 09-30-1972 . Would the document be OK thay way or would a transalation be needed ?

In reading the forums, many folks have mentioned abt this descrepency hence would like to hear from some folks who have successfully resolved such issue.

Thanks.

>>>> You need a translation as the values will not make any sense if the printed text is in Hindi

You can use any certified translation services. Alternatively, you can request one of your friends (non-family member), to translate the same and provide the certificate of accuracy of translation (notarized)

Thanks for your inputs:

- For getting documents officially translated from Hindi to English are there particulat translator agencies that USCIS expects for the documents to go thru ?

Archived