H1 Mumbai 221(g) for PIMS

2user2011

H1(extension) visa interview on 21st Oct 2011.

VO said that she couldnt find my petition in the system and gave me my passport and yellow form with PIMS written on it.

On the next working day(Oct 24th) I got an email to submit my passport as the admin processing was complete. I submitted my passport same day.

Its been more than a week and there is no updates. I have emailed them- no reply. VFS is no help- all they say is that ur passport is still with the consulate.

Anyone in the same situation?

How long does it normally take?

Can you please share your visa experience with rest of the people as I am not seeing much info about Mumbai consulate ?

Thanks In advance!!

I finally got my visa stamped on 3rd nov. 6 working days from submitting passport at the mumbai consulate.

To rommy09- I have a US masters degree. I had worked on H1 with same employer for last 3 yrs. Interview was on Friday 21st Oct. Female VO. Was called to the interview window at 11 am. Appointment was at 11 am.

VO- You going on H4?

Me: No H1

VO: So u came to US on H4 and transferred to H1?

Me : Actually came to US on H4 transferred to F1 then H1

VO: Why do u live in so and so state when u work in so and so state?

Me: I live 40 minutes from my work place in so and so state.

VO: what does your husband do?

Me: xyz

VO: I cant find your petition in the system. It will take 48 hours for it to be updated.

Gave me back passport with the dreaded Yellow 221(g) slip marked PIMS

VO: So enjoy your diwali holidays. We will contact you once we get the info

Me panicking: But I am not here for my holidays. I am only here for visa stamping and I have to get back to work soon as possible.

VO( already called the next person): Just check in 48 hours

This was Friday 21st October. On Monday 24th Oct 10 am got email from Mumbai NIV to submit passport as admin processing was complete. Submitted passport same day. Got email and sms on 2nd Nov 5 pm that passport was ready for collection at VFS center in Mumbai. Called Blue dart local office next morning and collected passport with stamped visa at 10 am.

Overall very nervewracking 2 weeks. The Diwali holidays slowed things down a lot. In Mumbai at the time of my interview the visa procssing times were posted on the consulate website as 7 working days.

All other Indian consulates gave 1-3 working days for processing.

Avoid Mumbai consulate if you are in a rush.

I finally got my visa stamped on 3rd nov. 6 working days from submitting passport at the mumbai consulate.

To rommy09- I have a US masters degree. I had worked on H1 with same employer for last 3 yrs. Interview was on Friday 21st Oct. Female VO. Was called to the interview window at 11 am. Appointment was at 11 am.

VO- You going on H4?

VO: I cant find your petition in the system. It will take 48 hours for it to be updated.

Me panicking: But I am not here for my holidays. I am only here for visa stamping and I have to get back to work soon as possible.

This was Friday 21st October. On Monday 24th Oct 10 am got email from Mumbai NIV to submit passport as admin processing was complete. Submitted passport same day. Got email and sms on 2nd Nov 5 pm that passport was ready for collection at VFS center in Mumbai. Called Blue dart local office next morning and collected passport with stamped visa at 10 am.

Overall very nervewracking 2 weeks. The Diwali holidays slowed things down a lot. In Mumbai at the time of my interview the visa procssing times were posted on the consulate website as 7 working days.

Great news that you got your stamped passport back but still I wanted to know from you side that are you working in EVC model or EC model ?

and second thing when you went for an interview what was the scenario around you for successful visa stamping ?

Your answer will help to people who are planing to go for visa stamping in Mumbai.

VO- You going on H4?

congrats on finally getting the visa stamp.

I do agree that mumbai consulate is not the place to go; they ask you to submit docs 3 days in advance and make you wait for more days after to give the stamp.

• 3 weeks later...

Great news that you got your stamped passport back but still I wanted to know from you side that are you working in EVC model or EC model ?

and second thing when you went for an interview what was the scenario around you for successful visa stamping ?

Your answer will help to people who are planing to go for visa stamping in Mumbai.

congrats on finally getting the visa stamp.

I do agree that mumbai consulate is not the place to go; they ask you to submit docs 3 days in advance and make you wait for more days after to give the stamp.

To Rommy09- I work in healthcare not IT so EVC/EC didnt apply. Lots of people at Mumbai were getting yellow slips but 2 people ahead of me were approved too....

To tusharvk- yes going to mumbai consulate means doc submitted 3 days in advance and then waiting more after. It took 3 weeks from start to finish for my case even tho there was no delay with the admin processing.

Good luck to everyone going to India for Visa stamping!

To Rommy09- I work in healthcare not IT so EVC/EC didnt apply. Lots of people at Mumbai were getting yellow slips but 2 people ahead of me were approved too.... To tusharvk- yes going to mumbai consulate means doc submitted 3 days in advance and then waiting more after. It took 3 weeks from start to finish for my case even tho there was no delay with the admin processing. Good luck to everyone going to India for Visa stamping!

How do we verify if PIMS database has the entry for a particular i797?

Murthy has an article which mentions that in case of extension of status applications, the PIMS database is not updated. Was yours eos case?

Archived