NEW DELHI - H1-B Visa Stamping Experiences (Oct/Nov 2011)

cakeboss

Hi,

I have not seen any activity from people attending the US H1-B visa interview at New Delhi Embassy lately. In one way it is a good sign as most of them must be having a smooth ride but on the other side if things are not good and still people are not sharing it, it sends a wrong signal to future applicants. I see many threads related to stamping in Ottawa but not Delhi. So, can you guys please share your visa interview experience at Delhi in this thread and help the rest of us in planning our trip. Whether you got approval or Admin processing, please discuss here and someone can guide you if necessary. By the way I am an FTE from Hyderabad, planning to go to Delhi in December for H1-B extension (trasnfer) stamping for 6th year.

Thanks...

Hi

So I had my interview at the delhi consulate on Oct 31 2011. EVC model. I was asked the following questions:

where do you work? - said xyz company

1. what does the xyz company do? - answered

2. how many employees? - answered

3. who is client? - answered

is your employer directly with the client? i said no through the preferred vendor.

what is the vendor name? abc consulting

4. who do i report to? - here i mentioned my employer

5. does your supervisor sit at the client site? No

6. how often do you talk to him? - once a week (prob a bad answer)

7. who is your supervisor at the client site? - answered

8. who directs your day to day activities? here i mentioned my employer again

9. then he said if i talk to him once a week how does he direct day to day activities? I got a bit nervous here and said even though i talk to him once a week it pertains to the entire week.

10. do u use any company hardware/sw at your client? no, i use the hw/sw provided by client

11. can i see your i-129 petition? handed over to him

12. who approved your vacatoin? here i mentioned my employer again

All this time he was typing something. He handed my passport back to me and said my case required more review and that i will hear from the consulate in a week's time. he did not issue any slip. I asked if i my case needed any additional documentation. He asked my what i had in my hand and I handed him the letter from my client and preferred vendor. My employer has around 150 employees. and i have a fortune50 client.

At this point I have no way to track anything. Please reply if you have a similar situation. or just any thoughts/comments.

Btw, i have an approved i-140 7th year h1b extension

Hi Guys, Can you also care to share the documents checklist for H1B, H4 stamping at Delhi Embassy? Whatever list you have followed and any tips like Photo size, color copies etc. Because last time I carried passposrt photos taken at Costco and had to take new photos in the Chennai consulate. Also, Chennai consulate needed color copy of 36 pages of my passport for my wife's H4 visa. Is there anything like this that might come in as a last minute surprise? Thanks again and goodluck to all.I am planning to attend my visa interview in the second week of December at Delhi.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

So I had my interview at the delhi consulate on Oct 31 2011. EVC model. I was asked the following questions:

where do you work? - said xyz company

1. what does the xyz company do? - answered

2. how many employees? - answered

3. who is client? - answered

is your employer directly with the client? i said no through the preferred vendor.

what is the vendor name? abc consulting

4. who do i report to? - here i mentioned my employer

5. does your supervisor sit at the client site? No

6. how often do you talk to him? - once a week (prob a bad answer)

7. who is your supervisor at the client site? - answered

8. who directs your day to day activities? here i mentioned my employer again

9. then he said if i talk to him once a week how does he direct day to day activities? I got a bit nervous here and said even though i talk to him once a week it pertains to the entire week.

10. do u use any company hardware/sw at your client? no, i use the hw/sw provided by client

11. can i see your i-129 petition? handed over to him

12. who approved your vacatoin? here i mentioned my employer again

All this time he was typing something. He handed my passport back to me and said my case required more review and that i will hear from the consulate in a week's time. he did not issue any slip. I asked if i my case needed any additional documentation. He asked my what i had in my hand and I handed him the letter from my client and preferred vendor. My employer has around 150 employees. and i have a fortune50 client.

At this point I have no way to track anything. Please reply if you have a similar situation. or just any thoughts/comments.

Btw, i have an approved i-140 7th year h1b extension

Raj, i was also asked almost similar questions and was not handed any slip. its almost 3 weeks and i haven't heard anything from embassy. Keep posted if you heard anything.

Hi Joshig and Raj_22

I have given the visa interview on 09th Nov and was asked the same questions that were asked by you.

Mine is also EVC model. The visa officer told me that they will contact me in a week but I have not heard anything from them. Did you got any reply from them ? Please reply here as and when you get an update

Thanks,

--Gaurav

Hi Joshig and Raj_22

I have given the visa interview on 09th Nov and was asked the same questions that were asked by you.

Mine is also EVC model. The visa officer told me that they will contact me in a week but I have not heard anything from them. Did you got any reply from them ? Please reply here as and when you get an update

Thanks,

--Gaurav

Gaurav are you also working in EVC model?

Hi Raj_22,joshig,egaurav22

Any updates on your cases? I work in EVC model and planning to get stamping done at Delhi.

i do not got any response from embassy yet. My employer/client/vendor have also not been contacted yet. My company attorney will be contacting USICS this week.

If it is really not very necessary avoid coming for the stamping.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been to Delhi Consulate on Oct. 19 for re-stamping, received 221(g) submitted all documents at time of interview - Consulate Officer took my passport and origional I 797 and I 129 for past 3 renewals from same employer and all marked documents as per 221(g), and said will need administrative inquiry and will inform you accordingly, after few emails to VFS Delhi received another email asking same information re-submitted all information on Nov-28-2011, no answer after that from VFS or Embassy. Received an email from new delhi fraud protection unit (NDFDU@serivces.gov) on dec 8 asking my phone # for India,. no calls yet from embassy. My employer emailed embassy few times and have not received any response as well.

any updates from you all - as well would like to know can we withdraw our application or ask for passport that is with embassy while admistrative process is going on.

Thanks

Salani786

Alright, so guys, its pretty much clear: EVC is a death trap: u can only escape:

1. If VO is not smart enough

2. If you are way too smart

3. If you are lucky

Apart from that, i have heard countless denials/pain/horrifying visa interview stories from people (many known's). Consequently, even i have to take the necessary steps and mess my own comfortable life :(

Archived