Documents to carry while traveling first time out of USA with green card


Recommended Posts

Hi All,

Need your advice.

What documents do I need to carry with me while traveling outside the USA. This is the first time I am traveling after receiving the green card. Earlier I had either traveled with H-1B visa or AP.

1. I think Passport and GC is more than enough. Is that correct?

2. Do I need to turn in my old I-94 while leaving the country. I read that once someone gets GC, the I-94 is immaterial. What is the correct procedure? Hand it over or keep it?

3. What other documents to carry? Do I need my paystubs, employment letter, old H-1Bs, EAD, AP, etc? Please advice.



Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.