i-140 porting questions

spike

guys ,

i have the following questions for the i-140.

1. if i have a approved i-140 from employer A and if i transfer my h1b to a new employer B regarding the green card process, does the new employer B need to apply the new labor and new i-140? and if yes - whats the i-140 porting mean ?- is it that if the my role in the new company B is same as company A , then the dates can be ported, but still the new employer B has to file for the labor and i-140?

2. what if my employer A revokes the approved i-140 before porting ?

Thanks much for the help guys. knowledge is power.

cheers

spike

please consult a lawyer.

porting in I-140 means retaining your previously approved I-140 priority date to your new I-140 application, so instead of having a later date when you re-apply for I-140 with your new employer, you will have the previously approved I-140 priority date.

yes, when you change employer, you will need to start GC from scratch (LC and I-140), you can port/retain your PD as described above.

it is usually possible to port PD even if previous employer revokes approved I-140 as long as it is not due to fraud, discuss with your immigration lawyer about the process.

guys ,

i have the following questions for the i-140.

1. if i have a approved i-140 from employer A and if i transfer my h1b to a new employer B regarding the green card process, does the new employer B need to apply the new labor and new i-140? and if yes - whats the i-140 porting mean ?- is it that if the my role in the new company B is same as company A , then the dates can be ported, but still the new employer B has to file for the labor and i-140?

2. what if my employer A revokes the approved i-140 before porting ?

Thanks much for the help guys. knowledge is power.

cheers

spike

Archived