H1 b amandement questions

rajsayani

I have few question, if someone can help. here is my situation and questions:

I have got H1b extention with client A in April this year. now, I changed client in July 2011. I may have to travel to india and will have to go for stamping. My employer is suggesting to get H-1b amedment done. I have following questions:

1. Do we need to send original I-797 for H1 b extention approval?

2. Will they change I-797 number? I have already paid, HDFC visa fees and it requires to provide petition no on the receipt and I provided from the I-797 for my extention

3. I have applied for my wife's F1 to H4 transfer based on the current I 797, does that get affected. If it is done it will be based on the current I-797, will that need change too?

4. can they deny my amendement and cancel existing approval? when they do it? do they approve and change the existing h1b term and reduce no of years or months etc. ?

• 1 month later...

Hello All

I did not got any response for the questions but still my employer moved forward and applied for my H1b amendement under premium processing.

We submited all the documents almost same as H1b extention and I received approval in 15 days. They did not change the period or any other thing.

let me know if anyone has any questions regarding this.

Raj

Hi,

I recently applied for amendment through premium processing and i received the approval in 15 days .

1. you dont have to send original I797 copy for extension

2. Yes, I797 number is going to change when you do ammendment(its like filing a new Petition), and i dont htink you need any I797 number to et HDFC receipt. you need just a passport details.

3.I am not sure of exact info on this.

4.Yes, With Amendment filing, you may get approved, rejected or Query on it, it is just like filing a new Petition.And they are going to cancel the existing I797 if they approves the amendment.And they can change the duration on new Amendment.

Hi,

I recently applied for amendment through premium processing and i received the approval in 15 days .

2. Yes, I797 number is going to change when you do ammendment(its like filing a new Petition), and i dont htink you need any I797 number to et HDFC receipt. you need just a passport details.

4.Yes, With Amendment filing, you may get approved, rejected or Query on it, it is just like filing a new Petition.And they are going to cancel the existing I797 if they approves the amendment.And they can change the duration on new Amendment.

Mr. Desi_Guy,

what happens if the ammendment gets rejected...will the original H1 also gets cancelled??

Hi,

Sorry the Question was for immi_help

Archived