acquisition before I-140 is applied

chaitanyaraja

Hello

The organization I work for is being acquired after the labor petetion has been approved but before the I-140 has been applied for. What are the steps to proceed with?

My situation:

This is the 6th year of my H1-B expiring end of Nov 11

My current employer is ready with all the paperwork for applying for I-140 now. Should we proceed now or wait until the acquisition completes which might take a few more weeks. I am worried my H1-B might expire in the meanwhile and I might not have enough time to apply for a H1-B extension even if the I-140 gets approved.

please advice on what the best steps to follow are.

Regards

Generally, as long as the company was completely acquired and is still willing sponsor you for a green card your PERM process may continue. However the specifics of the corporate change will dictate the best approach. Therefore it is advisable to speak directly with an experienced U.S. immigration attorney regarding this complicated situation. The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Greencard Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived