PIMS Verification procedure

karthikthiagu

Hi All,

I am going to Toronto, Canada to get my H1 B stamped next week. I got my H1B extended successfully in Aug 2010. Now, I am seeing all the forums about delays due to PIMS verification. I highly appreciate any one who can help in providing the procedure for PIMS verification. Does it automatically get updated in the KCC PIMS database after the petition is approved? Or Can I call some number or email to get this updated in the PIMS database? Please help.

Thanks,

Karthik

According to my research, if your lawyer has sent a duplicate copy to KCC then it is updated. Also if you see the timeline of the posts that you have been reading, this issue mainly existed in 2008 and early 2009 and seem to have declined over the years indicating that PIMS updating process has become better. However you should ask your lawyer what he thinks about it. If filing I 824 helps then you should do that.

Thanks

what is form I-824?

I saw the link http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=dd153591ec04d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

It says "To request a duplicate approval notice, to request an approval notice be sent to another U.S. Consulate, or to request an approval notice be sent to a U.S. Consulate for derivative visas for family members". Is it similar to sending a duplicate to KCC or its entirely idependent process, if someone looses approval notice?

Archived