Nov Bulletin is out

devilsgrave

This is for attorney_6 to enlighten the matter. As per USCIS doc,

"The American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act (AC21) removed the per-country limit in any calendar quarter in which overall applicant demand for Employment-based visa numbers is less than the total of such numbers available."

What does it mean? To me it appears, VISA no spill over horizontally to over subscribed country in a quarter from ROW, and vertically at the end of FY. I also see there are bill introduced in the house to remove per country CAP. The present system is actually working with out per country limit why the bill is needed ?

7% is the per country limit and it's still in place. EB3-I gets only 2,800 visas. Any spill over from EB1 goes to EB2 (last year EB2-I got most of them). Now the question is, should EB3-India get spill over since it's backlogged for 10 years? If the per country cap is removed, then EB-India will get more visas and it's fair because they came first and waited for 10 years. Nobody wants to wait for another 70 years (210,000 / 2800). What do you think?

Hard to know exactly when it will stop. But, there is usually a "spill over" at the end of the year of a lot of visa numbers into EB2 India/China. So it seems, they have to get enough cases in the pipeline to use up the standard (miniscule) allocation in EB2 for India/China AND anticipate the spill over---which can be as much as 20,000 or so.

We may have more details/predictions later in the month, as we will be attending a meeting where the person who is actually in charge of the Visa Bulletin will speak. He is usually very helpful and informative, although even he can not predict everything months and months in advance.

Attorney 6

@ Sep 15 there was an update that all the visa numbers for 2011 have been used. Hence no spillover from 2011 to 2012. Hence I assumed that @ 250 per month will be given before the last quarter. Now even 485 applicants with 30 Jun dates are getting GC's. From Apr16 to Jun 30 there must be @ 4500 . From where this is coming.

7% is the per country limit and it's still in place. EB3-I gets only 2,800 visas. Any spill over from EB1 goes to EB2 (last year EB2-I got most of them). Now the question is, should EB3-India get spill over since it's backlogged for 10 years? If the per country cap is removed, then EB-India will get more visas and it's fair because they came first and waited for 10 years. Nobody wants to wait for another 70 years (210,000 / 2800). What do you think?

Is the limit 2800 annual ? because the total for all the categories show approx 40k and employment based category is divided into 5 categories. the numbers don't add up.

Archived