Nov Bulletin is out

devilsgrave

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for this valuable discussion, and congrats to everyone who are going to be current in Nov. My PD is 30-Jul-2007, so I will be current in Nov. I have already filed my I-485 in July 2007. So my question is , does anyone has any idea how much time it takes to get the GC once the PD is current, as I am planning to go to india in mid of Nov, and will have to get the visa stamped(no AP)

Should I wait till the end of Nov to get the GC or go ahead with my trip and get the H1B stamped in India?

I hope in the coming years there is not too many demands for EB2 and VISAS can fall to EB3 so that EB3 see significant forward movements. Also the way EB3 backlog is right now could trigger reform in the VISA allocation process in white house. It is seen that current system is not working for EB3 and hence need a reform.

Now that EB2 move until 2007, USCIS should think of EB3 folks, as they are way behind. Let there some pause for EB2 and give some relief to EB3, Will they?

USCIS can not "pause" EB2. They are not above the law.

Only Congress can change the laws.

There are people with July 2007 PDs that filed the I-140/I-485 in July/August 2007. At that time, some LCs were moving very quickly. So, if an LC case was ready for filing in early July, it may have been approved just a few days later. That means that some people filed the LC in July, and then--with a fast approval--filed the I-140/I-485 by the end of July or, as allowed, until mid August 2007.

As for EB3, this is not a USCIS issue. The Visa Bulletin is issued by the DOS, and it is based on Congressionally set limits. The DOS can not move EB3 forward without more numbers. The USCIS can not approved EB3 cases without more numbers. Congress would have to change the law for things to be different.

As for forward movement, yes, they are moving the EB2 dates forward to fill up the "pipeline" with cases b/c so many of the pending EB2 India/China cases have been approved or will be approved in October. Thus, they have to allow for more filings now---at the start of the FY--- so that the USCIS will be able to process them through and there will be enough cases that are far enough along later in the FY to make sure that all the visa numbers get used up.

We have information about this on MurthyDotCom.

Hard to know exactly when it will stop. But, there is usually a "spill over" at the end of the year of a lot of visa numbers into EB2 India/China. So it seems, they have to get enough cases in the pipeline to use up the standard (miniscule) allocation in EB2 for India/China AND anticipate the spill over---which can be as much as 20,000 or so.

We may have more details/predictions later in the month, as we will be attending a meeting where the person who is actually in charge of the Visa Bulletin will speak. He is usually very helpful and informative, although even he can not predict everything months and months in advance.

Hard to know exactly when it will stop. But, there is usually a "spill over" at the end of the year of a lot of visa numbers into EB2 India/China. So it seems, they have to get enough cases in the pipeline to use up the standard (miniscule) allocation in EB2 for India/China AND anticipate the spill over---which can be as much as 20,000 or so.

We may have more details/predictions later in the month, as we will be attending a meeting where the person who is actually in charge of the Visa Bulletin will speak. He is usually very helpful and informative, although even he can not predict everything months and months in advance.

Does that mean he/she will comment about the movement on all categories(predict)?I am curious because my PD is April 2nd 2008 in EB2.

I have seen approvals for EB2 India in October 2011 on other tracking websites with a priority date of 7/13/2007. Also, read in this forum that nearly 12,000 visas unused EB1 category visas have spilled over to EB2 for FY 2011. I am waiting for the Pending i-485 report to be released.

I read in one of the weekly bulletins from 2007 that due do an error in tabulating and forecasting the demand for I-485 petitions nearly 11,000 visa numbers were lost in FY 2006. To avoid this from happening in FY 2007, Murthy Law Firm played a critical role through AILA in presenting their detailed analysis to USCIS which was one of the driving factors for the dates becoming CURRENT in July 2007. Hope Murthy Law Firm has plans to initiate similar action if the 'Pending I-485' report reflects insufficient pending applications to exhaust the Congress allocated visa numbers for FY 2012, also considering the anticipated spillover from EB1 to EB2 and also from unused numbers of countries other than China & India in EB2 category.

This proactive approach is much appreciated.

This is for attorney_6 to enlighten the matter. As per USCIS doc,

"The American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act (AC21) removed the per-country limit in any calendar quarter in which overall applicant demand for Employment-based visa numbers is less than the total of such numbers available."

What does it mean? To me it appears, VISA no spill over horizontally to over subscribed country in a quarter from ROW, and vertically at the end of FY. I also see there are bill introduced in the house to remove per country CAP. The present system is actually working with out per country limit why the bill is needed ?

Archived