H4-Passport delivery to VFS after visa approval

kiran_ind

Hi,

My wife attended for H4 visa interview on Sep,30th (Friday) at HYD Consulate. Her visa was approved.

The VO told her that "Your H4 visa is approved and you will get your passport within a week by courier". We

chose the HAL option for the passport delivery as blue dart doest not service to our zipcode. By end of Tuesday also still the passport is under processing at Embassy/Consulate. Typically it shoud be handover to VFS next working day right? Can anyone post your suggestion or experiences when can they handover my wife's passport to VFS.

Thanks

Kiran

Hi,

My wife has gone for a H4 visa stamping on 11th Oct... At the end of intv, she was given a white form where in they checked the box which indicated,, they would be sending in few Questions to her mail and she needs to respond back to those Questions.... and they held back passport... they didnot return the passport to her....

But to my surprise these Questions are no way related to me or her H4 visa... but seems to be asked for someone applying for Student visa...

A complete CV/resume and a complete list of publications and professional/research references. CV/resume should be submitted in text (*.txt) format. If you are retired, you MUST still include a CV/resume listing your past work and any part-time work since retirement.

A scanned copy of the invitation letter from the organization/university that you will meet or attend. The letter should be saved and sent as an Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf) file.

You may scan and attach supplementary material if needed, such as invitation letters, transcripts and research papers. Supplementary materials should be saved and sent as Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf) files.

I have no clue what to respond to these Questions.... as she is just coming to join me and not for some education purpose....

Can someone help me in this regard.... I am seriously waiting for somehelp.... so as to answer these Questions....

Hi,

My wife has gone for a H4 visa stamping on 11th Oct... At the end of intv, she was given a white form where in they checked the box which indicated,, they would be sending in few Questions to her mail and she needs to respond back to those Questions.... and they held back passport... they didnot return the passport to her....

But to my surprise these Questions are no way related to me or her H4 visa... but seems to be asked for someone applying for Student visa...

A complete CV/resume and a complete list of publications and professional/research references. CV/resume should be submitted in text (*.txt) format. If you are retired, you MUST still include a CV/resume listing your past work and any part-time work since retirement.

A scanned copy of the invitation letter from the organization/university that you will meet or attend. The letter should be saved and sent as an Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf) file.

You may scan and attach supplementary material if needed, such as invitation letters, transcripts and research papers. Supplementary materials should be saved and sent as Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf) files.

I have no clue what to respond to these Questions.... as she is just coming to join me and not for some education purpose....

Can someone help me in this regard.... I am seriously waiting for somehelp.... so as to answer these Questions....

To Kiran_Ind:

I am in the exct same situaton.I had applied for H4 visa at the new delhi coonsulate on august 9th, 2011. The Visa officer confirmed that my visa is approved and I should expect my stamped passport with US visa returned in 5 working days. However, it’s been over 8 weeks after the interview and I have not received my stamped passport yet. Now i came to know its pending under 221g. Any idea on how long it wll take?Did you get your stamped passport yet?

Kiran Ind

I am in the exct same situaton.I had applied for H4 visa at the new delhi coonsulate on august 9th, 2011. The Visa officer confirmed that my visa is approved and I should expect my stamped passport with US visa returned in 5 working days. However, it’s been over 8 weeks after the interview and I have not received my stamped passport yet. Now I came to know its pending under 221g. Any idea on how long it wll take?Did you get your stamped passport yet?

Kiran Ind

I am in the exct same situaton.I had applied for H4 visa at the new delhi coonsulate on august 9th, 2011. The Visa officer confirmed that my visa is approved and I should expect my stamped passport with US visa returned in 5 working days. However, it’s been over 8 weeks after the interview and I have not received my stamped passport yet. Now I came to know its pending under 221g. Any idea on how long it wll take?Did you get your stamped passport yet?

Friends,

Can anyone pleae reply??

Hi

I still did not get my passport.My interview was on 29th september.... Any one who get their passports after the interview ?

Kiran Ind

Hi Friends,

Sorry i am not active last week in this forum. My wife attended H4 Interview on 30th September at HYD consulate and she got her stamped passport on Oct 5th and we collected on Oct,7th at VFS HAL, HYD.

Note: At the end of the interview she was told " your H4 visa is approved and will get your passport in a week by courier". NO 221G issued in our case.

All the best for all of you guys and i hope very soon the visa approval procedure will become faster.

Archived