221G GREEN CHENNAI - SEPTEMBER / OCT TRACKER

vijaisekar

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a quick update for my case:

I have submitted my docs on before a couple of weeks(oct17th week)..

so i sent an email to chennai consulate about the status on oct 31th.

I got this standard reply for the consulate.

This is in response to your inquiry. Please note that your visa application is presently under administrative processing. We will contact you upon completion of the same. Regret, we are unable to provide any time frame for this as it varies from case to case.

As they have mentioned it as administrative processing, i checked in the admin processing link, but could not find my case number over there!

Normally do they update the pdf after a few days? and is it normal to call all 221g green form under admin processing?

a quick update for my case:

I have submitted my docs on before a couple of weeks(oct17th week)..

so i sent an email to chennai consulate about the status on oct 31th.

I got this standard reply for the consulate.

This is in response to your inquiry. Please note that your visa application is presently under administrative processing. We will contact you upon completion of the same. Regret, we are unable to provide any time frame for this as it varies from case to case.

As they have mentioned it as administrative processing, i checked in the admin processing link, but could not find my case number over there!

Normally do they update the pdf after a few days? and is it normal to call all 221g green form under admin processing?

Jay...

We have submitted our documents on Oct 14th and sent a email to chennai consulate.

This is to inform you that your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. Please note that there is no definite time for administrative processing. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary depending on circumstances of each case. Be assured that the U.S. Consulate will contact you if the administrative processing is complete or if they require additional information.

This looks different response and they said mandatory admin process. I don't know what the difference is.

Hi everyone..

I have been thru this 221(g) security clearance back in 2008. I attended interview at Chennai consulate for my first H-B stamping in early Dec 2008 and got my visa stamped in late March 2009...almost 4 months. I am full time employee with MS degree in US and now I have to get my H-1B renewal stamp this Nov or Dec.

Please advise which consulate I should attend for minimize the chances of getting 221(g) again. I spoke with my attorney and he sais "most probably it will happen again, since it happend first time". I know it doesn't matter which consulate I attend, I will probably need to face this again. But atleast some suggestions willl help me pick a consulate... Appreciate for any advise.

Hi friends

please reply to my questions in above post..

here is the detailed msgs.

earlier i sent two mail that was in sept and oct 1st week i got below reply

This is in response to your inquiry. Consular Records show that your case is under review by the consular officer. On completion of this process, we will contact you.

this week i got this reply from consulate office

This is in response to your inquiry. We have received your documents sent early September 2011. Please note that your visa application is presently under administrative processing. We will contact you upon completion of the same. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any time frame for this as it varies from case to case.

Can any one please let me know this is common for every one or not..

i hope you guys will know Vijay, ravi and Srini

Hi, I have been a silent reader of this forum for a while. Here are my case details:

Interview Date: 09/02

Doc Sub Date: 09/14

Model: EVC

Docs submitted: Employer related.

VFS response Date: 11/04 (I got a call from VFS, Chennai to come and collect the docs I submitted)

Mine is not an administrative process. Since blue dart doesn't cover my native, I asked VFS to hold the documents at Chennai and give me call when there was an update. Today I got a call and the VFS officer told that I need to collect the documents to see what is the next step. I need to wait until Tuesday to go to VFS. Is this the usual procedure? I am not sure why the documents are returned.

This forum gives great moral boost for everyone waiting. Please keep it updated.

Goodluck to everyone!

Archived