221G GREEN CHENNAI - SEPTEMBER / OCT TRACKER

vijaisekar

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@hatestamping - yes its just personal preferences whether to sign sometime that the consulate demands or not. If u really didn't want to get ur old employer into problem by not signing that statement then why is he not helping you out now by withdrawing the petition? He is just buying time and he knows that u cant go anywhere until he revokes the petition and he just wants u to suffer this waiting period. Since u chose this option u will have to wait and i gave u the typical waiting period for USCIS to reaffirm r deny the petition. BTW there's nothing right or wrong. whatever our instincts says just follow that path. Good luck and keep us updated

Hi,

I attended the interview in chennai consulate on Sep 12 and was issued the 221g green to submit all the employer related documents and contract with the vendor and client. I work in an E-V-V-C model. I have submitted my documents on Sep 29. Based on what i see in most of the posts here, it looks like it might take more than a month and the EVVC cases have almost no hope. While i had been to the consulate to submit the docs, i checked with person incharge on the turnaround time and he said that because 221g green request is only for additional documents verification, i can hear something in 2 weeks which is next week. But he also said if the case goes into AP, it will get delayed further. Are there any specific reasons why a case is put in AP? I really hope my case doesnt go into AP. My client would not want to wait forever and i will end up losing my job

Hi,

Updating my case here:

Visa Interview Date @ chennai consulate : 09/21/2011

EVC Model, Passport, Docs returned with 221g

221g : Green Slip for all petitioner docs requested without passport

Docs Submitted Date : 09/28/2011

Waiting for update...

Its been a week now, Have not received any email on receipt of my case. I will wait for another week and then start calling the DOS number. This number is US phone no. so do I need to call during EST ? Can we not call chennai consulate and find out? I submitted docs to VFS bglre. They said there will not be any intimation of docs received by consulate and further i opted for any courier/mail from consulate to be held at VFS bglre so I can collect it from VFS office.

Thnks

@sanera901 - I remember you buddy. We both had the interview in Chennai on the same day (09/21). Still i have not submitted the documents as i need few from my employer and he is still in the process of preparing them. Well to answer your question wait for another 10 days and then u can start calling the DOS guys. Yes its not a toll free number and u have to call EST time or sometime after 9PM Indian time. You can always mail the Chennai consulate but i don't think that will be of much benefit. As i have mentioned before in this post the typical wait time in Chennai for 221g green is 4-6 weeks if we are luck. Good luck and keep us posted on any developments

Vijai

@srini_221G@Aug26 - Did you get any update/mail from the consulate???

@221Green

=========================

No I haven't got any response from the consulate....

My Case at Chennai Consulate:

Visa Interview Date : 08/26/2011

221g : Green Slip (No passport)

Docs Submitted :Employer related docs (client letter, list of employees, employee-employer contract etc)

Docs Submitted Date : 09/02/2011

Email Receipt Date : Waiting... ( 6th week and counting....)

Model : EC

Hi all,

The following are the details of my visa interview

Visa Interview Date @ chennai consulate : 09/09/2011

EC Model

221g : Green Slip requesting copy of petition, employment letter and LCA without passport.

Docs Submitted Date : 09/14/2011

Still waiting for an response. Does anybody know how I would receive a response from the consulate( email or courier)?

@chn_221g_green - Thanks for posting your case in here. As i have mentioned in the previous posts the typical wait time is 4-6 weeks once all the documents are submitted in Chennai. In your case (9/14) you have few more weeks to have any kind of response and BTW try calling the DOS guys and see if they have any updates. You may receive the response via email as well as courier because i have seen guys receiving responses in both these forms. Be optimistic and all will be good and please post any updates u have in here and keep this post alive

Vijai

Hi guys,

I received a 221g green from chennai consulate on Oct 7th.

I work for EVC model. The interview was pretty simple,

1. my 797, 129,lca

2. by looking at those docs.. asked if i work for client.. told him the name and location

3. my vendor name and location

4. asked if i had any bench periods (i said No)

5. he said.. he can take a decision only after I submit few docs...issued a 221g.

I think the list of docs is a standard one...

1. Copy of petition with all supporting docs as filed to USCIS

2. Notarized list of all petitioner's employees of the job site listed

3. My working state unemployment wage reports, showing all wages paid to each employee in the state for the past 3 quarters

4. A copy of contract between the petitioner and the job site (the location where you actually work)

5. On a letterhead from the personnel dept at the U.S job site stating that there is a vacancy for you

6. Letter from the client company sponsoring the project and a copy of contract between petitioner and client company.

7. LCA

8. Letter to USCIS

I have a question regarding 5 & 6...I do have a client letter from my manager.. so do i need to have a separate letter from my client company (or) does this single letter cover both 5 & 6?

thanks

Jai

Some news to share....

My Case at Chennai Consulate:

Visa Interview Date : 08/26/2011

221g : Green Slip (No passport)

Docs Submitted :Employer related docs (client letter, list of employees, employee-employer contract etc)

Docs Submitted Date : 09/02/2011

Model : EC

Email Receipt Date : 10/13/2011 (43 calendar daysss) (Asking to submit to passport)

Today I got a courier from consulate with all the documents returned and the 221G slip (highlighting to "Submit the passport"). I am going to submit the passport tomorrow and another wait is going to start (hopefully a short one)...

Hoping for the best.... Not sure if i have to call DOS to find out if the visa is approved or not ? any suggestions ?

@221Green & @Pranavi.. did u guys get any updates too ?

-Srini

@Srini_221G@Aug26 - Congrats buddy, your visa is going to be stamped and that's what the passport submit request is for. Yes you can call the DOS to find out about it and as i mentioned in previous post it took exactly 4-6weeks once the docs were submitted which is a good sign for the rest of us sailing in the same boat and hopefully all will get the visa soon including me :)and yea congrats again

Vijai

@jay12344 - Sorry to hear about your case buddy but i am sure u will get your visa soon. Well client letter should be good for point 5, in point since it also mentions copy of contract between petitioner and client company. So you need to get this as well. Good luck and hope for the best. Please post any updates u may have and keep this posting alive

Vijai

@Vijai: Thanks.. i did call the DOS and they say it's still under 'admin processing'.... we i am not sure if the status will be updated only after the visa is stamped on the passport...

@Pranavi: No the client or the employer was not contacted... Well if the consulate has said that they have sent the docs and slip... it would most likely be asking for 'Passport submission'... good luck.. since u r in Hyderabad it might take some time for the docs to reach... i am in chennai and the docs from the consulate reached on the same day.

@221Green: I guess u r not in chennai too ? Hopefully some update is on it's way thro' courier.... good luck to u...

Archived