• Last Reply

Today got my passport with the visa. Here is my case

Visa Interview Date : 08/19/2011

221g : Green Slip (No passport)

Docs Submitted :Employer related docs

Docs Submitted Date : 09/02/2011

Request for PPT: 01/14/2012

Submitted PPT on 01/17/2012 and got it back on 01/21/2012

Good luck to everyone who are waiting. Thanks to everyone for those who provided useful information in this forum.

Hi All,

I'm another victim of the 221(g) . Here's my case :

EC Model

Visa Interview Date : 01/11/2012

221g Green Slip (no Passport)

Docs Requested : Petition related (i797/I129/LCA) and Employer related

Docs Submitted via VFS dropbox : 01/17/2012

Do we get any acknowledgement via email from the VFS/Consulate if the docs have been received @ the consulate or would calling up the VFS help?

Hi All,

Today I got an email from VFS that my passport can be collected at U.S Visa application center, Chennai before 5 or they will mail my passport by courier.

Here are my case details:

Visa Interview Date : 01/09/2012

Model : EVC, MS from the US.

221g : Green Slip (Passport returned. VO told me to submit passport along with the docs asked on 221g form)

Docs Submitted on: 01/10/2012

Email reciept Date: 01/23/2012 - Got an email from VFS that my passport will be sent through courier.

Not sure what the decision is.... keeping my fingers crossed !!

@seenu - i think it should be much earlier since they have requested only ur passport. shd take 1-2 weeks

Finally the wait is over and i received my passport today with visa stamped.

Personally thank Vijay for starting this thread and keeping this alive.

Good to see many positive turnaround this month and hope all your wait ends soon.

Thank you all and specially Vijay :)

Hi All,

Me and my wife went for H1B stamping on 23/11/2011. I got my visa (Full time employee- Extension) without any hassle, but my wife(EVC- F1 to H1B) got 221g-Green requesting additional documents. We submitted all the required documents on the same day and waiting to hear from US consulate thereafter. We contacted both vfs Chennai and DOS, but dint help much.

Finally today my wife got a call from VFS to attend interview again. Its scheduled for friday this week. They asked her to get all the document required for Visa Interview.

Does anyone had a similar experience? I never heard any case where there were 2 interviews. Any information in this regard will help.

Please reply ASAP with your suggestions/comments. Thanks in advance.

Hopefully my wife get visa this time. praying god.

Finally the wait is over and i received my passport today with visa stamped.

Personally thank Vijay for starting this thread and keeping this alive.

Good to see many positive turnaround this month and hope all your wait ends soon.

Thank you all and specially Vijay :)

Congrats seenu n all the best. Happy to see many guys having successful stamping..Hope i will join you guys soon :)

Earlier I used to get a reply from VFS saying that my visa is in "administrative processing" but now I'm getting below email. why is that? did the consulate stop replying to VFS?

[i]Dear Mr./Ms.,[/i]

[i]Thank you for writing to us,[/i]

[i]We have received your email regarding your query and it has been referred to the US Consulate. We are awaiting a reply from the US Consulate and we will update you as soon as we receive the information regarding your case.[/i]

[i] Regards,[/i]
[i]Dear Mr./Ms.,[/i]

[i]Thank you for writing to us,[/i]

[i]We have received your email regarding your query and it has been referred to the US Consulate. We are awaiting a reply from the US Consulate and we will update you as soon as we receive the information regarding your case.[/i]

[i] Regards,[/i]

Hi Vijai,

This is Madhavi.

Interview Date: Nov 21 2011

Response: No slips and took Documents and Passport(VO said they need to verify)

Passport returned with 221(g )on Jan 31 2012

Help me in understanding what are the documents that I need to send. Do I need to send only the tick marks or all the documents listed in the slip that I got. They dint tick anything for me. I am confused. Please help me in understanding.

Thanks in Advance for your help.

madhu0219

@vijaisekar: What are the chance to get the refusal as a statement "your employer is unable to provide you employment" if your company is E-verified by USICS and BBB accredited which is used for the accredited in US (http://www.bbb.org/us/bbb-faqs/)

It does't matter. As long as the company is in good standing and that they will be able to pay you, all shd b good normally. Having said that nowadays its turning out to be pure luck

Archived