221G GREEN CHENNAI - SEPTEMBER / OCT TRACKER

vijaisekar

@vishal2011 - it means u still have to wait

@221g_SEP9_2011- Congrats n all the best. Was your client or employer contacted?

@CockyAsian - No one knows the reason except VO and God. Just Hope for the best

@vijasekar

could you plz let me know like its going to be weeks or months? because my passport is with them and i need to travel to other country.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even i am victim of 221G and I had been a silent observer of this thread till now. This thread was very useful to understand where i stand and how this 221g process works.Below is my experience.

Working for one of the biggest IT firm in India

Had Visa Interview on Oct 12th 2011

Was given 221G for some weird reason - My work location was Amonk - NY according to LCA and NYC - NY according to I129. Thought the distance between them were less than 50 miles (within commutable limits as per guidelines), i was given a green slip asking for an Updated LCA to reflect the work location. I still think dont know what was the logic behind that.

Documents requested - Updated LCA, Petition and other usual stuffs along with the contract with me and my employer (joining letter was submitted). No Passport asked.

After many mails and a legal inquiry filed with consulate (through my company's legal team) we didnt get any reply and hence we got an updated LCA to reflect the address change.

Documents submitted on Dec 14th 2011

Got reply on Jan 11th 2012 with all documents returned and asking me to submit passport.

Gonna submit it soon. Hope i get my passport back with visa stamped.

It has been a disturbing journey i should say as the case was very much valid but i did console my-selves seeing other weird cases on this forum. My prayers for all of you waiting and hope all your wait end soon and get a successful stamping.

Thanks for all your help and will keep you guys updated on my visa

My Case at Chennai Consulate:

Visa Interview Date : 01/09/2011

Model : EVC, MS from the US.

221g : Green Slip (Passport returned. VO told me to submit passport along with the docs asked on 221g form)

Docs Submitted on: 01/10/2011

Docs asked to be submitted:

1. Client letter, letters from all intermediate vendors.

2. Copy of contract agreement.

3. Petitioner's Income Tax Return for the last two tax years and financial statements.

4. A notarized list of all the petitioner's employees. The list should show all employees' names, their specific job titles, start and end dates, and their individual salaries and immigration status

5. Along with these all the other basic docs like DS-160, I-797, I-129, LCA, Letter to USCIS, Offer letter, employment contract and other supporting docs as filed to U.S.C.I.S.

The interview was very smooth. VO asked me very few basic questions like

What are doing in US?

What do you for your company?

Can you show me your pay-checks?

Are you working for any client or on an internal project?

You are working at which location?.

Are there any middle vendors between your company and Client

OK, you need to submit us some additional documentation. Please submit the following docs asked in this letter along with your passport whenever you are ready.

I told her that I am carrying all the docs requested in that form but she told me to submit them via dropbox.

@ rasheed1011 - Chennai Consulate.

@All - What will be the normal turnaround time on a subsequent green slip issued after processing the first green slip?

After processing the documents sent for first green slip, i was given another green slip with passport ticked. Will it take the normal 3 to 4 weeks time or i can expect a reply earlier?

@221green - great news buddy..so finally the consulate asked u to submit passport after 4 months or 19weeks from the time u submitted your documents..thats good to hear and gives lot of hope to me as i have now been waiting for over 3 months now...was ur employer or client contacted? what model r u EC or EVC? keep us updated...

Hi Friends,

Just wanted to share good news with you all after long wait.I got my

visa stamped .

Thanks to Vijai for starting this forum & Thanks to everyone for

posting detailed updates which will give confidence to others who are

waiting for result.

I heartfully wish each and everyone best of luck .

Thanks to one and all in this forum.

Visa Interview Date : 10/27/2011

221g : Green Slip (No passport)

Docs Submitted :Employer related docs and petition with all

supporting documents as filed to USCIS.

Model:EVC

Docs Submitted Date : 11/09/2011

Submitted PP:01/04/2012

PP recieved:1/13/2012

@221Green: very happy to see your post stating their was a response from consulate asking for passport.. All the best.. Do keep us posted once you get your visa stamped.

just one question.. was there any communication/information from them prior to this since your documentation submission on sep 2?

@vijay: have you had any update from them? All I get is "currently under processing and you will be informed once processing is complete." the wait is really getting to stressful..

@All: Did anyone drop their documents on Nov 8, 2011 at Chennai VFS?

Thanks!

Anyone got 221 green slip who attended chennai for stamping on Jan9th .. i submitted my documents along with my passport on Jan 10th and waiting for the decision. Track your passport shows that is under process at US consulate/embassy.

@221g@chennai

even i have been received green slip and submitted docs on 3rd jan, still waiting ..here there are many people who have been waiting for the response like from weeks to months...

Hi to everyone

I have been a silent reader of this forum. I wanted to my 221G case. This forum gave me enough hope during difficult times.

Visa Interview Date : 11/28/2011

221g : Green Slip (I was not carrying my LCA which is a mistake by me and my employer gave me diff document.)

Docs Submitted (Hyderabad VFS) :Employer related docs and petition with all

supporting documents as filed to USCIS and Client contract and agreement.

Model: EV

Docs Submitted Date : 12/01/2011

Received an email from VFShelpdesk on 01/07/2012 asking to submit passport. (I sent an email for status update)

Submitted PPT: 01/11/2012.

Received an email from VFS on 01/13/2012 to collect passport.

Recieved stamped PPT:1/18/2012

Wish each and everyone best of luck.

@cool_arian - even i get the same reply all the time from the consulate or DOS that my case is still under administrative processing. been waiting for more than 3 months now :( i don't know why god is testing all of us for so long. anyway be optimistic and i am sure all of us will get the stamping soon as you can see guys are getting stamping off late

@221green - great news buddy..so finally the consulate asked u to submit passport after 4 months or 19weeks from the time u submitted your documents..thats good to hear and gives lot of hope to me as i have now been waiting for over 3 months now...was ur employer or client contacted? what model r u EC or EVC? keep us updated...

yes it has been a long wait..almost 4.5 months. I worked directly for my employer and I dont think they contacted them.

@221Green: very happy to see your post stating their was a response from consulate asking for passport.. All the best.. Do keep us posted once you get your visa stamped.

just one question.. was there any communication/information from them prior to this since your documentation submission on sep 2?

@vijay: have you had any update from them? All I get is "currently under processing and you will be informed once processing is complete." the wait is really getting to stressful..

@All: Did anyone drop their documents on Nov 8, 2011 at Chennai VFS?

Thanks!

Nope ..never got a useful update.. until this one

Hi All,

any one here who got the same reply from VFS, plz help me..in this case what would be the minimum and max time for processing

Thank you for writing to us,

This is to inform you that if your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. Please note that there is no definite time for administrative processing. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary depending on circumstances of each case. Be assured that the U.S. Consulate will contact you if the administrative processing is complete or if they require additional information

plz help me

Archived