221G GREEN CHENNAI - SEPTEMBER / OCT TRACKER

vijaisekar

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@VisaBlues, I am sorry for late reply. Following are the documents asked in the Green Slip and submitted the same.

1. Copy/Original DS-160 confirmation page

2. I-797, I-129 forms and LCA

3. Petitioner cover letter to USCIS and Response to USCIS Request for Evidence(RFE)

4. Offer letter and employment agreement letter

5. The 221(g) letter

6. Income tax returns and financial statements: For the years 2009 and 2010

7. Notarized list of all employees of employer

8. Internal project description: Project description and detailed project document

8. All state unemployment wage report: For the last three quarters [ (April – June 2011), (Jul – Sep 2011) and (Oct – Dec 2011)]

9. Itinerary for petition period

@nlnn2 your interview date is pretty close to mine and We are still waiting on the reply from consulate.Not sure how long this process will take.Duing this process any verifications happend on your case?.Also what was the interview done by the Desi guy is it about EE questions?.Also which model are you in EC,EVC,Internal?

THANKS

@VisaBlues:I have not checked with employer whether verifications happned or not . I am in Internal project model. This is the latest update I have from infouschennai

As per the US Consulate, your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. Please note that there is no definite time for administrative processing. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary depending on circumstances of each case. Be assured that the U.S. Consulate will contact you if the administrative processing is complete or if they require additional information.

• 5 weeks later...

I had my interveiw at chennai consulate on 04 - Sep -2012. Mine is a small desi employer from US. EC model.. I was interviewed by VO for 3 minutes. Then I was taken to another counter where I was questioned for around an hour. Right from my education qualtification, experience, job with US employer etc.. all of it were recorded. Then I was given a SWORN statement and I had to sign it with all the details I told them. Then I was given 221G green form with no additional documents requested, Since all documents were in there already. Passport was returned back.. Just hoping for the best. Did anybody gone through similar experience? My case is a genuine case where I have attended interview around Jan 2012 and my US employer selected me and rolled out the offer.

@Vijai I am very sorry to hear this is really hard situation

I am in situation 221g blue in Hyderabad on Feb 7 now 7 months and no word. I am EVC VO asked questions on employee and employer relationship had me sign document that had my answers and took all my docs but gave pp back.

Is ANYONE having anything besides refusal after 7-8 months is passing?

@nlnn2 no updates yet,its so disappointing.Dont know what the heck kind of processing they are doing taking so much time.Its 6.5+ months and is going on.So unfortunate I am . :( .Let hope for the best.

BTW is your employment Internal project,is it Desi employer,How many employess?.The reason why I am asking is I am planning to go with new approved petetion that is direct internal product developent.It has only abt 100 employees,rating my chances with that just in case.

Hi All,

I had attended my H1b New on August 16th. I am working for a US based leading MNC. The VISA officer asked me two or three questions. He looked the system monitor and he went somewhere with my passport and returned after two minutes.

Then he just told me that "He need to ask few more questions. Just stay relax and you will be called in another counter for few questions". He gave me the passport along with the 221G PINK SLIP and asked me to wait for my counter in the display.

Then I went to another counter. There was an Indian Lady. She asked me few questions like

1. whether I had visited any other countries before.

2. Is your passport has been renewed?

3. Are you having any brother and where he is staying?

Then she measured my height. Finally SHE COLLECTED MY PASSPORT and INFORMED ME LIKE THE PASSPORT WILL BE ISSUED IN 8 - 12 WEEKS. She havent asked me any other docs other than passport.

Common Muslim Name : No

I just want to know is there any possiblity to get my visa stampted and if so how long it would take. Any suggestions were really appreciated!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Friends,

Finally after some fustrations, I got my VISA Stamped!!!!.

It had taken about 45 days for me to get clear my 221G Pink Slip.

Pray GOD and lets hope for the best.

Thanks to all for ur support and wish you better luck for all those with 221G.

Hi All,

I had attended my H1b New on August 16th. I am working for a US based leading MNC. The VISA officer asked me two or three questions. He looked the system monitor and he went somewhere with my passport and returned after two minutes.

Then he just told me that "He need to ask few more questions. Just stay relax and you will be called in another counter for few questions". He gave me the passport along with the 221G PINK SLIP and asked me to wait for my counter in the display.

Then I went to another counter. There was an Indian Lady. She asked me few questions like

1. whether I had visited any other countries before.

2. Is your passport has been renewed?

3. Are you having any brother and where he is staying?

Then she measured my height. Finally SHE COLLECTED MY PASSPORT and INFORMED ME LIKE THE PASSPORT WILL BE ISSUED IN 8 - 12 WEEKS. She havent asked me any other docs other than passport.

Common Muslim Name : No

I just want to know is there any possiblity to get my visa stampted and if so how long it would take. Any suggestions were really appreciated!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@VisaBlues, it is 9 months completed for me. I called Chennai U.S consulate recently and told it is 9 months completed, I was told the case is under administration process and approximately it ineeds 30 days time . I am not sure of this but I will keep checking with U.S consulate.

• 2 weeks later...

My story:

Chennai

Interveiw date: sep 2nd 2011 Green form for employer related docs.

Docs submitted: sep 20th 2011.

Docs returned : 16th feb 2012 (after )19 weeks with a blue form

I got all my documents back with a blue form requesting for

"A letter from the client company sponsering the project and a copy of the contract between the us-based petitioner and the client company, stating the timing, terms and agreement for your project"

My last client letter ends on march 31st 2012 this might be the reason for a new one.

Submitted after 90 days with a new client letter( as old client is no more) .

I got all my documetns back in 2 days and asking again for cleint letter.

This time submited the original client letter on the client letter head.

After 4 months I Got a call from the consulate to attend the interview again.

Will update you with interview once done.

Mine is in house project. Employer around 200+.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived